fishing reports

FishingwithRusty

ive dealt with this issue for YEARS on my own site and so i will only mention this once here.

generally what folks are looking for is info about if the fish are biting and generally what depth range. you dont have to disclose locations, exact baits or even specific patterns in order to help someone else get a clue. which some folks say "i dont want to give them a clue" then why make a report at all?

im a competitor but i also realize this is a GAME that we all love and if i can help someone else catch more fish by sharing a little info, then i am happy to do so. js........

JEEPnFISH

I imagine a fair number here are novices, me included. I joined to learn and get better. Any help is much appreciated and trust me, I'm not going to decimate the bass population.

not new to the sport but new to the lake. Don’t tourney fish either and appreciate all the info provided on here. I’ll take any help I can get lol.

Kickerfish

FishingwithRusty - 3/12/2018 1:47 PM

ive dealt with this issue for YEARS on my own site and so i will only mention this once here.

generally what folks are looking for is info about if the fish are biting and generally what depth range. you dont have to disclose locations, exact baits or even specific patterns in order to help someone else get a clue. which some folks say "i dont want to give them a clue" then why make a report at all?

im a competitor but i also realize this is a GAME that we all love and if i can help someone else catch more fish by sharing a little info, then i am happy to do so. js........

Couldn't agree more with you, Rusty. Water depth, baits, colors, water clarity, temps, would go a very long way to help a lot of us on this forum. I thank those that post helpful reports. I know they have helped me out a ton.

Muskrat

Everyone always knows where...how...what we ( Deb ) fish with I guess because I'm just too dumb to know better. It just never dawned on me for a long period of time that maybe I shouldn't be sharing so much. Our crappie "ledge" that I provided dozens of background pics and fishfinder screen-shots ( with GPS ) back in 2013 had dozens of visitors from the CFF then and continues to this day. It's "ledge-n-dary" - little joke. On hindsight did I regret doing that ? Maybe...but it just seems to be in my DNA that whatever lures...locations...techniques I can offer other people where they might can catch fish I'm more than glad to share. When I bass fish I always take a pic of the lure I caught fish with ( usually a crankbait ) and tell what depth and more often than not where I fished. I understand why tournament fishermen need to keep info "close to the vest". I love to fish and don't have the skills of many on this forum but if I can do something to maybe help someone catch fish that seems to be what makes me happy.

lafae7

I couldn't agree more. There is a lot of click bait to like subject titles that get annoying as well. That's the interweb I guess

fischnrod

Muskrat - 3/12/2018 9:26 PM

Everyone always knows where...how...what we ( Deb ) fish with I guess because I'm just too dumb to know better. It just never dawned on me for a long period of time that maybe I shouldn't be sharing so much. Our crappie "ledge" that I provided dozens of background pics and fishfinder screen-shots ( with GPS ) back in 2013 had dozens of visitors from the CFF then and continues to this day. It's "ledge-n-dary" - little joke. On hindsight did I regret doing that ? Maybe...but it just seems to be in my DNA that whatever lures...locations...techniques I can offer other people where they might can catch fish I'm more than glad to share. When I bass fish I always take a pic of the lure I caught fish with ( usually a crankbait ) and tell what depth and more often than not where I fished. I understand why tournament fishermen need to keep info "close to the vest". I love to fish and don't have the skills of many on this forum but if I can do something to maybe help someone catch fish that seems to be what makes me happy.

The downside to that would be pulling up to fish and somebody acts like it's their hole after you showed them...lol

I'd like to find more bank fishing spots which are not too hard to get to and have deep water, channels, dropoffs or structure within casting distance of a "Ground Pounder" on the shore. I think that we all seek consistency. Charleston, Calhoun, Blythe ferry, Armstrong ferry, Greasy creek and two rivers all have their moments, but are inconsistent, to say the least. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Nauticman

Could not agree more with Rusty and Kickerfish

porthos33

jaygivens70 - 3/13/2018 3:39 PM I'd like to find more bank fishing spots which are not too hard to get to and have deep water, channels, dropoffs or structure within casting distance of a "Ground Pounder" on the shore. I think that we all seek consistency. Charleston, Calhoun, Blythe ferry, Armstrong ferry, Greasy creek and two rivers all have their moments, but are inconsistent, to say the least. Any suggestions are appreciated.
What are you looking to catch?

JohnnyG

These are the type of reports that me and my brother continuously laugh at: “I caught all fish using hard baits, plastics, etc off points, flats, coves and creek channels in the lake” emoScratch. I may have exaggerated that a bit but it’s close emoGoofy.

To Porthos - I replied to you re: "Charleston Ramp" over on the "Fishing report" side. As far as what I want to catch...anything (other than drum....LOL). More specifically - Panfish - which includes pretty much everything, in smaller sizes. I've caught up to 5 pound walleye and catfish on 2 # test line, number 7/8 hook size jigs that I make myself and one-inch grubs, and I am happy with anything that makes the skillet sizzle !

finbully

Kind of funny when I go back and think about my years of fishing. From times spent bank fishing for flounder with my Dad in Rhode Island; bass and catfishing in the lake across the street from our house in Charleston; to Long Range Sportfishers going out of Point Loma; fly fishing in Colorado; halibut and salmon in Alaska; Peacock bass fishing in Brazil; bass fishing in the Tenseness Valley and flats fishing in Florida to name most. In nearly all of those cases, I have sought intel on how to catch. Sometimes information has been freely shared while other times information is better kept than National Secrets. Either way or anywhere in between, the information or lack thereof has not been a stopper for me to go fishing.

Now I’m older with hopefully many more hours being freed up to fish in a short few years. I’ve won and lost the $3 fishing bet more times than I can count (more lost I am sure). I’ll take information as it comes but what I like the most about figuring out fishing is just that - figuring out fishing. That is, I want to experiment to find out for myself what, when and where they are biting. It would be much different if my life depended on it. But as has already been said to most of us it is (or should be) a game! When it’s a game, it’s still fun. When it changes from a game to a need, whether it be the Captain of a 100’ So Cal sportfisher or a local commercial fisherman everything changes. It changes to downright hard work with long hours and great financial risk. With these changes, intel becomes paramount. Intel is a must to survive. I was close to changing from my game of fishing to having it become a necessity a few years ago and made the decision not to jump in to that way of life. I’m glad I didn’t jump in. It’s one thing to fish for fun - play the game if you will, quite another to have your livelihood depend on it.

So if you see me out on the lake and ask me if they are biting, I’ll let you know what I know. If you want to share with me, I’ll give you a sincere thanks. I’m just happy to be here and have the opportunity to play the game.