Chatterbait color

What’s a good color skirt and blade combination on Chick for a Chatterbait? Also best size 3/8 or 1/2?

VolsFan24

I mainly throw white and dip my trailer in chartreuse JJs Magic. If I’m night fishing or the water is real muddy, i throw black and blue. I’ll throw bluegill color closer to the spawn and post spawn when they are eating bluegills, but still prefer the white for everyday use.
I used to leave the blades alone and did well. But i have a little more confidence when i sharpie the blades black. Someone mentioned it a while ago and I bought in and like it.
As far as size, i prefer 1/2oz but throw 3/8 when im fishing shallow grass.

rstewart

I had a great day on the Hiwassee a few years ago using a Chatterfrog. Caught 4 over 4 lbs in about 30 min. I was using a green Chatterfrog 1/2 oz. Birdman to testify,he was using straight arm spinnerbait and I was using the Chatterfrog. He was catching dickling fish and I was catching Nice'ens!

Justin125

I usually use a 1/2 oz white chatterbait with a black flake craw. Seems like most of my bigger fish have came on a chatterbait.

Pop-R

I fish it all year most of the time white great search bait you can slow down and fish like a jig. I even throw it over grass with good results.

Tn bullet

Take a look at Choo Choo custom baits they have a shaker which is close to a chatterbait but I prefer the action much better. Pm me for more info and discount

Fshn Cpa

Can't go wrong with a white or white with a few other colors mixed in. Prefer a small swimbait as a trailer. can vary the color of the swimbait. I also put a trailer hook on mine.

Fshn Cpa

Can't go wrong with a white or white with a few other colors mixed in. Prefer a small swimbait as a trailer. can vary the color of the swimbait. I also put a trailer hook on mine.

Around the time of the spawn I throw a green pumpkin with a black of green pumpkin blade and fish it as slow as you can and keep it out of the grass. In the spring it just seems like the better bites I get on it are that muted color, but once the water heats up and you get near the shad spawn, then from then on rest of the year it is a shad color with a shad trailer. But if you are fishing murky water around spotted bass, you can switch that trailer to something like a white speed craw and have better luck some days.

AirrusBoy

Solid white, especially this time of your around laydowns.