Fishing Swap Meet?

Kickerfish

Do you guys know if anyone does a fishing type swap meet around here? If not, what do you think about doing one?

-Would you attend a swap meet?
-Would you sell products at a swap meet?

I was thinking about organizing one if there isn't currently something of the sort going on because I don't want to steal anyone's thunder.

I think this would be a good opportunity to find some good deals on fishing equipment, because after all, we can use a good deal and more equipment, right?

Also, this would provide everyone an opportunity for some fellow fishermen fellowship, and would give us an opportunity to de-clutter the garage.

I'm just trying to test the water here so please let me know what you think. If you are interested in organizing a meet, feel free to PM me.

Dropshot

Staff member
We used to have one occasionally, but it has been several years.

rsimms

Yea, depending on date/schedule I would LOVE this. I have a ton of miscellaneous stuff I would really like to get rid of. It's just such a hassle posting ads, trying to arrange to meet folks, etc. For relatively low dollar value items it's just not worth the hassle.

But something like this would likely inspire me to gather it all up, carry it to one spot and hopefully, not come home with it.

camaro88z

Depending on where and when I would go. I know a couple more that would also. I would probably take some stuff with me for trade if I found anything. I think it is a great idea

churly

I have a ton of stuff my wife would love to see me move out of the basement

churly

Hunting gear too!

Kickerfish

churly - 3/15/2018 7:59 AM

Hunting gear too!

hunting gear too. That's not a bad idea at all. I would want to do this in the Chattanooga area. I think my biggest challenge would be a location. Would anyone like to throw any ideas at me?

jake22

Little farther north than Chattanooga, but just north of soddy bridge on highway 27 is a place I call flea market hill...it would more than likely have to be on a Friday or plan around the actual flea market. But that is an option I suppose

FishingwithRusty

just do it after the weigh in at a cff tournament................

Kickerfish

SpurHunter - 3/15/2018 1:56 PM

The last one was a LONG time ago. WE held it at Harrison Bay State park, although it was more of a meet and greet. I think its an awesome idea, I also have way way way too much stuff I would like to unload.

I see the youtube fishing crowd going to these swap meets all the time and it got me to thinking. I know for me, finding fishing stuff beyond a couple of close-faced reels is hit or miss at flea markets. I would love to get something like this going.

camaro88z

Is anyone going to put one of these together. I have some poles I would like to take to one. Just to long.

Kickerfish

I'm looking into it. I'm not from Chattanooga so I don't know the area as well as some of you guys. I live out in Jasper. If I can find a place to do it that we wouldn't get kicked out of, the rest of it should be a breeze.