Rig question?

Justfishin

I bought a rig set up for the first time. I fished it for 3 or 4 weeks an one arm broke off. I bent the arms around some to a 4 arm rig an the next cast another one broke off. I caught a few fish on it an got it hung up a couple times but is this normal with a rig. That’s a lot of money to spend on something that doesn’t last any longer than that Thanks

FishingwithRusty

you catch enough fish on them and they all break :)

Justfishin

It was a hog farmer mini flash mob. I’m sure they all break but I only caught maybe 10 or 12 fish I just thought they would last longer.

churly

If its ben a reasonable amount of time, I know the hogfarmer owner personally, he would gladly replace the rig. But if you over bend any wire multiple times (getting hung), it will be weakend and break more eaily. I wouldnt own any other rig than a hogfarmer.

camaro88z

I had the same thing happen with a strike king titanium. IDK why it broke but was not Frome getting hung.

Justfishin

I figured they would replace it if I call them. That’s why I ask the question this is the first one I ever bought. What was odd to me the 2nd wire that broke was a dummy with no hook.

porthos33

I got a few on clearance from tanks for 1.99. I'm still using the same one from november. It doesn't have blades, but I like it like that. Less torque to reel and easier to cast without blades. I've caught a lot of 4's, 5's and 6's on it. Thicker wire really is the key. I used to use the flash mob jr and mini rigs but the wire's are just to thin