2007 evinrude etec idling rough

stratos7790

Hey guys I don't post much but I get on here every day to read everyone's post. My evinrude etec 225 ho started running a little rough at an idle and would sometimes die when I put it into gear. I bought the motor in 2010 and the only issues I've ever had was I had an injector go out and it lost power. That was in 2011 other than that no issues what so ever. I just changed fuel filter and spark plugs last month and I don't think it really helped any. Saturday I was fishing the catch tournament on watts bar and it started missing bad at idle but cleared up at higher rpm's but when you come off plane you could tell it's started missing again. I've always dealt with C and O marine and they've been great to me just hate the 4 hour drive. I know chattanooga fish n fun works on etec's but I've never had them work on anything. I've only bought my xd100 oil from them. Any suggestions or info on this engine would be greatly appreciated.

Smalliefan2

I use Fish n' Fun for my E-Tec. Bought new in 2006, and they have serviced it since I returned to Chattanooga in 2010. I would highly recommend.

stratos7790

Thanks for the reply Smalliefan2 that's probably where I'll end up taking it just hope they ain't to far behind but if they are I guess I'll make the 4 hour drive to C and O marine. Don't really know anyone else that works on E-Tecs.

Tn bullet

Tom at fish in fun is by far the best dealer on motors it’s worth the wait if they are behind it’s fishing season use caution to anyone that is not a little bit of a wait!

Fshn Cpa

I have had great service from both. C&O a couple of times when fishing Old Hickory and Fish-N-Fun close to home. I had that motor and it did the same thing just before blowing a cylinder. Get it checked ASAP. Be sure the cylinders are getting an oil supply.

stratos7790

Thanks again guys for the replies. I'm think I'm going to drop it off Friday at Chattanooga Fish and Fun. I just hope it's nothing major.

chillerman69

I would shock your fuel with the additive of your choice. I use Yamaha ring free in mine faithfully. Sea Foam or other cleaners work great and Sea Foam has a $2 a can rebate on up to 6 cans till end of the month. I have a 4 stroke Yamaha but all newer outboards have multiple sensors that can get crapped up. If you haven't been faithfully using a fuel additive, I would about the farm a good cleaning would take care of your issue. Same goes for every vehicle on the road.

stratos7790

So finally got the boat down to Chattanooga fish n fun friday around noon. Got a call yesterday and they have already found the problem so evidently all my reeds are cracked. Now I'm no boat mechanic and I didn't get a chance to really talk to Tom like I would like to but does anyone know what would cause this.

BulletTJ

If all of them are cracked it is probably just do to the age of the motor. I think most of the reeds are made of some sort of fiberglass or plastic material and they become brittle.

stratos7790

Not really sure blue 76 they didn't tell me. But I did find out that its had a warranty claim on the power head in 2009. They said that if whoever put it back together may have not of put new reeds back in it or cleaned the old ones really good from all the debris.

stratos7790

Not really sure blue 76 they didn't tell me. But I did find out that its had a warranty claim on the power head in 2009. They said that if whoever put it back together may have not of put new reeds back in it or cleaned the old ones really good from all the debris.