Navigation

How is it navigating right now? I heard it’s pretty low. I’ll be putting in at grasshopper Saturday through Tuesday and was wondering how it is getting in and out of there?

jb366

The channel gets narrow on the way out and it's unmarked but it's plenty deep. Lakemaster shows the channel great, navionics is so so

churly

lake is low as crap right now

FirstLight

Very low. Be careful running back waters. We saw 2 boats beached on Sunday - in 2 different areas. A bass boat and a run about. Tow boat US had to drag both of them off the bars that they were beached on. Saw him running around everywhere. He made his mortgage payment and then some this past weekend.

Fshn Cpa

Well worth it. Have had it for years. Never had to use it until last year. I think I got back all of my premiums on that one time. It is expensive if you have to pay.
They also have road towing for your trailer. My truck broke down once and my car insurance would pay to tow the car but not my boat. Luckily I had a friend who lived close by and came and got my trailer.
You can check it out at BoatUS.com

Thanks for the info. I fish Chick 3-4 times a year, but one time could save me if I had it. I will probably get it before i head down saturday.

porthos33

Be ready to fork out some cash! I've probably seen 30 plus boats run up on flats over the past 3 weeks! It's quite a show out there!

FirstLight

Well worth it. I have had it a couple years just in case. You are covered when trailering your boat too which can come in very handy. I have never had to use it yet, but my Dad (Nauticman) has used it on a couple occasions. If you need them and you are not covered, I have heard the price tag is pretty high....