Spraying in Park for aquatic vegetation has already started! 2018

aliciaayers

Hello everyone , If you all get today's paper, need to open and read, if no paper then pull up on internet news . There is an article and a picture of a company granted permission to use a NEW herbicide called ProcellaCOR and showing a guy on a 4 wheeler SPRAYING THE HELL l out of all exposed shoreline in the park. So this is another reason why the water has been pulled down so low this year. According to report they will do this all over so NO, I repeat NO, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOO vegetation will be growing in park. It's very fast acting and of course we all know when water comes up and they start the current , then the poison will be distributed all thru the water column killing all vegetation in its path and prob. all fish and wild life > They say not harmful , but come on, poison is poison , and this is a new product , just on the market a very short time , so they do not know the long term effects of it . As we all know, last year there was hardly any grass unless we ran up to dayton or dn to nickajack. This will be the end of Chicamauga's giant bass. With no grass comes no habitat and no habitat means no bass ! This will defineately hurt my fishing ! I catch all my big girls from the bank in the very early hours when they come in to feed at night , so I'll have to beg for a ride from some of you all . In my opinion , if you don't fish in deep water , then you are going to be hurting! This is so terrible ! I went thru TVA killing our grass several years ago and really hurt our lake then . Well , after seeing picture of guy spraying in paper today, damage has already been done , so I dont know of anything we can do but gripe and raise hell !!!!

Hook1

Re: Spraying in Park for aquatic vegetation has already started !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would they be so worried about it this early???

aliciaayers

this is their way to prevent it from even starting !!! This is noy something I made up , it's in todays paper and the carp story is headline news on frontpage ! Again pull up on internet and read or go get you a paper ! I didnt make any of this up! I also pulled up the herbicide and read all reports on it so see for yourself

aliciaayers

RE: Spraying in Park for aquatic vegetation has already started !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And picture of guy in paper with very long pvc pipe and tank on motorized vehicle and can see herbicide spraying . The caption under pic. reads as follows, Matt Townson, of Aqua Services Inc., applies a TEST Herbicide to an area of lakebed where the water level is low on Chicamauga Lake , and is showing the guardrails on way to camping area . Wish you would ck this out and see for yourself !! Makes me so angry !!!!

TR20bh

This is not good!! They "tested" Sonar here back in the '90s and it eradicated the grass for 20 years!!

TR20bh

This is not good!! They "tested" Sonar here back in the '90s and it eradicated the grass for 20 years!!

A link would be nice

Volfish

Chattanooga News Free Press-goggle it. This all part of the new administration not giving a damn about the environment. This kind of reckless environmental policy is going on all over the USA.

Ugh. Historically, Who usually wins the grass debate? I haven’t been in the area that long

pinsandfins

Not us fisherman. That’s for damn sure.

Tn bullet

Started last year now continuing looking for all the people saying it was weather current water clarity to admit they were wrong now

silvertalon

After reading the article, looks like a conscience effort is being made to balance out too much and too little vegetation. I'd like to see the TWRA get involved. They've invested a fortune into the Florida bass program here. If it is what they are telling us, it may not effect the offshore grass. Fingers crossed.

Fishindawg25

RE: Spraying in Park for aquatic vegetation has already started !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to see my Chiropractor this evening for an adjustment and he lives in Soddy lake and we were discussing how the water was so low, and he informed me that somebody that's IN THE KNOW told him it was part of a plan to ERADICATE THE GRASS!

churly

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/...weed-control-company-licensed-new-pro/467337/

See the article for yourself before you start making claims. It’s a pre emergent herbicide that’s a one time application that lasts all season. It just got EPA approval. If y’all want some change, your gonna have to do more than log onto CFF and point fingers.

Fishindawg25

I'm not making claims or pointing fingers, just quoting what I was told. I just don't believe half the things that the news puts out. Because all they want you to think is that it's not the bad or it's not that good or it's really bad or it's really good, just hope what they're Claiming to do is all that it does. Just my opinion.

Tn bullet

Justin are you on the tva payroll or what! It started last year and already more this year and your still in denial

SlabDog

The airboats will get the main river channel and sloughs that the 4 wheelers can't get to. Just like last year. I saw them on the way to the river 2 times last year through the week. Once on 58 hwy and once on 27 just north of Red Bank. Huge tanks on the back, I'm guessing 300 gallons or more, filled with a dark liquid and a spray system in back with nozzles that went under the water line of the boat.

TVA really showed how they lie in that article. They stated that a flood in 1988 eradicated the grass by washing it down to the dam and it didn't come back until 2011. That's total BS. I remember how good the fishing was back then. I lived on the river back then just north of the Sequoyah plant. I saw the air boats and the helicopter that sprayed the pellets. I remember being out there and watching the helicopters working that area of the river. They would shut down the spraying before they passed over you fishing, then turn it back on. some even got into my boat one time when the wind blew it my way while I was fishing. I'm sure there was tons of grass down around the dam. It was all dead, when this "flood" tore it up from the bottom after the pellets had killed it all.

Volfish

That is exactly what they said in the 80's and I watched them drop pellets in the middle of the lake a long way from the shore.