Best flurocarbon fishing line?

bassinbrian

I'm using sugar invisx right now. I like it ok but have busted it off several times on the hookset. I hammer am pretty hard when I fish jigs or Texas rigs, but 15lb test shouldn't be busting that easy. I'm also looking for 20lb that's manageable for flipping and skipping. Tried red label and vicious, not a fan of either. I generally tie a palamor knot. I'm going to try the Shaw grigsby and see if that helps. I've even put inserts in my tungsten weights to help, but I still broke off 3 last week setting the hook. Any help appreciated!

churly

You may have gotten an old spool. any line that has set up for an extended period of time, especially if it has been exposed to heat or sunlight will be compromised. Ive had it happen. That being said I have been a huge fan of the invisix for years. check your rod guides as well the weights you are using

jb366

Gamma or Sunline Sniper. I bought a couple spools of invisx and 1 spool broke on the first 3 hooksets I made with it, the second spool lasted 3 trips before it started breaking.

silvertalon

Sunline here. Flouro will not tolerate kinks from backlashing. Never wind in your line over a loose spool of flouro. It will compress and kink and then snap on the hook set. Also, flouro will absorb water after awhile and become brittle. Switch reels 1/2 way thru the day to avoid this issue. Sunline Reaction (now called Sunline Cranking), is designed with a little stretch and give. I love this line as it takes the shock from hooksets and surging fish. Tho I must admit, there's nothing like Sniper FC!Hope this helps

Lx545

Another thing I pay attention to is knot quality. If it's not a clean pretty knot I will re tie it.

Crankinken

I prefer Bass nPros XPS flouro. Ive used it for years now and have had a lot of luck with it. Like any other flouro, you have to be careful of reeling loose line and kinking.

FishingwithRusty

i used some of the seaugar "flippin" that Denny Brauer pimps and was pretty pleased. the 25lb was suprizingly limp for flouro and plenty strong.

i learned the hard way years ago that something has to give on a hookset and i went to a softer rod to prevent line breakage, but i was pitching and skipping docks with 20 & 25lb line. short line, stiff rod and big swing= line breakage