Bassmaster Classic Coming to Knoxville

rsimms

If you've ever wanted to attend a Bassmaster Classic in East Tennessee, March 2019 will be your chance. The world-famous Classic is coming to Knoxville. Read all about it here: http://bit.ly/2JzW9Wi

The last time a Bassmaster Classic came to our area was in 1986 on Chickamauga Lake.

jb366

rusty50576 - 4/11/2018 3:35 PM

It doesn’t say which lake but I’m guessing loudoun. Sometimes they have the tournament an hour from the weigh in

They'll be coming out of volunteer landing. Allowed to fish so far up the holston and french broad down to ft. loudon and tellico. No locking through.

Pointer 78

I thought it was a joke. B.A.S.S. decided to hold the Classic on the Tennessee River. Trouble is...they're holding it on the absolute WORST body of water in the entire river system. Ft. Loudon/Tellico is not only the worst, they're the worst BY FAR.

Kickerfish

Pointer 78 - 4/11/2018 6:53 PM

I thought it was a joke. B.A.S.S. decided to hold the Classic on the Tennessee River. Trouble is...they're holding it on the absolute WORST body of water in the entire river system. Ft. Loudon/Tellico is not only the worst, they're the worst BY FAR.

Goes to show you at the end of the day its not about the fishing, its about the money. They could have still picked a better body of water in the vicinity of Knoxville.

silvertalon

Chattanooga could have stepped up but won't spend the money on fishing commerce. They'd rather host the Ironman comps. Just as well- the national attraction of 35 lb bags of bass would surely do in the Chick !

Aries 181

Well, at least wheeler won't have to drive very far to practice. And for all you star struck groupies out there, try not to crowd them while they're fishing.

Bill

churly

23lbs won a tx on Tellico this past weekend, so its not a terrible lake, infact this is year 2 or 3 of stocking Florida bass in it. It can be challenging so it will be a good classic to watch and there is a lot of water for these guys to spread out between 2 reservoirs and 3 rivers. And thank the Lord they are not coming to Chickamauga!

Lx545

Thats what I was saying. Thank the Lord they aint coming here. This lake has enough pressure already.

jbh3

churly - 4/12/2018 9:02 AM

23lbs won a tx on Tellico this past weekend, so its not a terrible lake, infact this is year 2 or 3 of stocking Florida bass in it. It can be challenging so it will be a good classic to watch and there is a lot of water for these guys to spread out between 2 reservoirs and 3 rivers. And thank the Lord they are not coming to Chickamauga!

Actually, I think those 20+ bags in the TN Team Trail this past weekend came from Watts Bar. Regardless, good fish do live up here. It is always enlightening to see how the folks that fish at that level catch them. Look forward to seeing the guys on the water. It should be a great show and good for our local economy, IMO.

jb366 - 4/11/2018 4:49 PM

rusty50576 - 4/11/2018 3:35 PM

It doesn’t say which lake but I’m guessing loudoun. Sometimes they have the tournament an hour from the weigh in

They'll be coming out of volunteer landing. Allowed to fish so far up the holston and french broad down to ft. loudon and tellico. No locking through.

There is not a boat launch at volunteer landing. Maybe they will launch all over the Lake and just drive to the starting point. Maybe the will build a nice new ramp that I can use in the future!

Blazer09

Wish they were coming to Chickamauga the publisty it would bring would be good maybe somebody with some influence and pull in the world of politics to help stop spraying the grass and see the money it would generate I think would be good it's not a secret that Chickamauga is one of the best lakes at the end of the day it's all about the Money and your right they would rather have 500 bicycles and joggers than fishermen

Crtay

I think it is awesome that they are going to be close. I hope to take that week off from work and go enjoy watching.