Does no body work?

BulletTJ

I put in this morning at Grasshopper. Got a late start, hit the water at 8 a.m. Fished until 12:00 had to finish a lawn project. When I tied up to the dock and started walking to the truck, I noticed the parking lot was full. Full as in there was only one empty spot. It is a Thursday for crying out loud. As I was leaving I passed 3 other rigs headed in. They must run a shuttle bus there on the weekends.
I can remember going fishing during the week and only 3 or 4 trucks in the parking lot. I guess I really am getting old. I just wonder how everyone gets off work on Thursday.

Of the 4-5 ramps I frequent, I'm usually the only trailer in the lot. On a busy day there will be 2-3 other trailers. That's because I fish fort Loudoun! Hahahaha

Rob Lee

I have often wondered the same. Additionally, look at all the people on the road. Moron alert is screaming RED!

jb366

It's usually pretty crowded during the week now but theres a HS tourney out of Dayton and the CBA this weekend so there's probably quite a few prefishing for those.

hoop235

Plus this some the best weather we've had in a while so eveybody that can is getting out. Cabin fever for sure!

Strato-G

emoWelcome Its all us Baby Boomers on retirement, and those Liberal freeloaders with benefits joining together at the ramps to find something in common...jmo emoDance emoGeezer emoUSA

JEEPnFISH

I haven't been fishing once this year! I work all the time, on call every other week also. Had the flu , the rain has been too cold and nasty at times. And I've been battling pneumonia for 2 weeks now!
I may get to fish come August.

Jpull

Rob Lee - 4/12/2018 4:19 PM

I have often wondered the same. Additionally, look at all the people on the road. Moron alert is screaming RED!

Yeah, well. One of my favorite things to do since retirement is pulling my boat through rush hour traffic without a care in the world as to whether I'll be late to the boat ramp or not. emoLaugh

Blue76

I went to Tims Ford on a Friday a few weeks ago and I didn't even see another boat all day. No one in any parking lot. It was spooky since i was used to all the traffic on Chick.

djsmarinelectronics

Welcome to fishing on the Chick....it just gets worse as it gets warmer.

Smalliefan2

No, actually I don't work, and fish whenever I want. Put in my fifty or so years, and retired.

FishingwithRusty

it kills me as im driving away from the lake everyday for work to see all the boats headed to the lake. but everyday i pass 3-10 boats on 58 headed that way.

Strato-G

FishingwithRusty - 4/13/2018 11:53 AM

it kills me as im driving away from the lake everyday for work to see all the boats headed to the lake. but everyday i pass 3-10 boats on 58 headed that way.

We wave as we pass, emoBigsmile emoThanks ............ emoGeezer emoUSA