Lights for running at night

TightlineT

Any advice out there for what type of light to run for a headlight at night? Thanks in advance for any info......Jim

fischnrod

All kinds on the market, just don't run with them on all the time. Not like a car it blinds the other boaters

sdfd29

I use a Bluewater LED that mounted to my trolling motor. It does a good job, but the handheld spot light was a little better because you can sweep the area in front of you. With the bow mounted spot lights you only see the area directly in front of you, takes a little getting used to.

I use a steering column trim switch for the light, it is an intermittent on switch and allows me to use it without taking my hands off of the steering wheel.

FishingwithRusty

https://www.gearbest.com/car-headlights/pp_1639800.html?wid=1433363

this looks like the one i got but this one is priced much higher. i got mine for like $7. i would look around on the site and see what you can find. no need to pay big $ for a name, its a light. i just run one but its plenty bright enough and i run the lake quite a bit a night

Hook1

I use a rechargeable handheld light. I shine it periodically to locate a bouy or just to check for debris on the surface. It’s more than bright enough and it was only about $30

Davo

I have a spotlight mounted on my trolling motor base, but rarely use it since it only shows directly in front of me and doesn't help when turning. I use a small, waterproof handheld light that is rechargeable and super bright. I also used to have a headlight bar mounted under the trolling motor but some tool bashed into it at the dock, lol.

Attachments

• boat lights.jpg
    boat lights.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 279

BustinBass197

I have a 4" led offload floodlight mounted to my Lowrance unit up front on a big ram mount. I can aim it anywhere I want and was easy to install. $12

Hook1

I owned a Stanley Fat Max brand that worked great but it was in my truck when it got stolen. I have a Cyclops brand now and really like it also. You can find the Stanley model at Lowe’s and WalMart. I’ve seen the Cyclops at either Bass Pro or Cabelas I can’t remember.