Trolling motor maintenance?

I have a basic 55lb minn Kota that is starting to stick a little. Just over a year old. Anyone have any advice of where to lubricate to make sure it operates as it should ?

Thanks

It doesn’t want to turn smoothly. Wouldn’t turn at all a couple of times until I manually turned it to loosen it up. Didn’t know if there were any places to lubricate it to help.

BustinBass197

No lubrication on actual motor. Cable might be froze up. Should be an adjustment under the pedal somewhere to tighten/loosen the cable. Not many motors out there on the lower end of product lines that are worth the money. I hate Minn Kota but run a fortrex. Its really noisy compared to my motor guide tour I use to run, but motorguide does not make a trolling motor I would buy anymore. If it stays outdoors when not used it could be froze up and need replaced. If the actual prop will not turn could be a number of problems that might cost more than you paid for the motor in the beginning.

I'm hoping the cable just had a kink in it or there was some grit on the shaft that broke loose. It seemed to do ok after I physically made it turn. I will look at the tensioner adjustment before I go out next. Boat stays in the garage and honestly hasn't been used that much relatively speaking.