Truck and trailer stolen at Suck Creek

Jpull

I heard through the grapevine that someone had their Toyota 4runner and trailer stolen from the Suck Creek ramp parking lot this past week. The guy I heard it from didn't know any details. Anyone out there heard anything? I use that ramp a lot and have never had any trouble, but then I won't park there before daylight or after dark.

Appreciate any info anyone might have.

Jim

Cstick1

Happens way more often at that ramp than you hear about..buddy of mine had his truck stolen from there and the cop told him he's at that ramp weekly for break ins and stolen vehicles

Gliderman166

Is that ramp in Hamilton or Rhea county?

Dirtroadhound

Saw this yesterday, weird they would steal this truck. Not dissing the truck mine is not much better but of all the vehicle there yesterday I would of picked one of the $50k ones.

Attachments

• stolen.JPG
    stolen.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 255

porthos33

Dirtroadhound - 5/28/2018 11:44 AM Saw this yesterday, weird they would steal this truck. Not dissing the truck mine is not much better but of all the vehicle there yesterday I would of picked one of the $50k ones.
They look for certain models and brands. Top 3 most stolen brands are honda, toyota, and chevy. The vehicle will probably be chopped. My old neighbor spent 5 years in prison with his dad for running a chop shop. He told me all about it and said he had changed. Then a couple years later he started to accumulate the same trucks he was chopping back in the day. Sure enough the detectives were at his door a few months later and he was busted on many counts of burglary and arson. He had a lot more vehicles stuffed away at a guys repair shop. Its really sad for the people who get stolen from.

Dirtroadhound

Same charge, though. Risk vs reward, guess that is why I work like a dog everyday for what I have. Still can’t see that being a top choice for car thieves.

Mikie9

Also if the thieves don’t look like they belong in a 50k vehile it’s more risky than being seen in an older vehicle.

Dirtroadhound

Yeah, but 1988 is pretty old. There had to be many years between now, 2018, and 1988, year of vehicle stolen, in that parking lot without chips and other anti-theft stuff that would of given a lot better reward for their risk. Weird, hope they find the azzholes that stole it. I fish their often and that is the second theft thing I have seen.

First one, someone busted windows and pried toolboxes to steal change and stuff. Maybe the new restaurant across the street that is opening soon will put more eyes on the parking lot and deter this crap.

Jpull

Dirtroadhound - 5/28/2018 5:03 PM

First one, someone busted windows and pried toolboxes to steal change and stuff. Maybe the new restaurant across the street that is opening soon will put more eyes on the parking lot and deter this crap.
That's kind of what I was thinking about the new restaurant. Maybe they should give police discounts emoLaugh