The grass will get knocked back

churly

For all of you conspiracy theorist, I just wanted to bring to your attention that if this heavy flow 70K+CFS, and muddy water conditions persist for any length of time, that pretty green green hydrilla we have been seeing everywhere will get knocked back significantly thanks to mother nature, not a TVA Lake wide campaign to spray the whole lake.

I just thought I would get ahead of that issue this year.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with TVA or TDEC, however, I did sleep in a holliday inn express...

jb366

*Puts on tinfoil hat* Tva paid the government to do cloud seeding so they'd have enough rain to produce enough flow to wash all that pesky grass out of the lakes.

bassaholic

I know when they dropped pellets a few years back in Roseberry at gunterville it really hurt that creek but I think the big subdivision had allot to do with tva doing that

elwestb

The Residential Association in Roseberry actually paid for that spraying themselves. It was not TVA's doing.

churly

bassaholic - 5/31/2018 12:00 PM

Have they been talking about dropping pellets in certain areas

Yes. With stealth bombers so no one can see

bassaholic

That's pretty cool I haven't never seen them do the pellets but I guess that would be a faster way to get them in the water

bassaholic

I haven't never worked at tva I just going what I have heard about what happened at Roseberry at gunterville a few years ago I am guessing these others guys must work for tva and maybe the air Force since they know so much

churly

The pellets that were dropped in this lake in the late 80s / early 90s was a chemical known as “sonar”. It is illegal to use in TN now.

Last year we had a wet cool early summer that prevented the grass from growing and lots of folks had all kinds of crazy ideas about how it was some covert operation by TVA to kill the grass, hence the theme of the thread

Tn bullet

Different weather above 60 bridge will argue everyday with everyone current and weather doesn’t turn it to brown sludge in a week

churly

If it keeps raining, it will get blown out. Already over 90k cfs in the past few hours.

camaro88z

Up here in Dayton water is way high. Looks like chocolate milk. Same as last year. But I bet we still will have grass.

porthos33

Just go watch the Hiwassee when these kind of rains come! That place muddies up and stays muddy. I must have hit 50 trees in the water tonight running the channel. Tn wasn't that bad. Trust me with this muddy water coming out of the Hiwassee for a while and a bunch of current, it will definitely stunt that grass! Above 60, it will clear up much quicker. Here is a picture just to show how it works. Its a real thing and probably not a conspiracy.

Attachments

• Hiwassee.jpg
    Hiwassee.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 215

benchwarmer

That is very true about the Hiwassee River. I normally put in at the old 60 ferry and go south. This past weekend and last week coming back to the ramp you could see the brown line that is VERY distinctive where the Hiwassee funnels into the Tenn. River. The brown line was right down the middle and when it gets to the bridge it all turns muddy. I fished the western side of the big island and still had 3 to 4 foot clarity to see my bait. Went a mile up the Hiwassee and stayed 10 min cause there was zero visibility. That pic says it all.