You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

BASS postpones again...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Specialty Forums Fishing News

Posted by rippinlips2win
3/19/2021 8:20 AM
I will just leave this right here...should get some discussion going.

www.bassmaster.com/news/flooding-forces-delay-pickwick-saturday
Posted by Strato-G
3/19/2021 10:12 AM
Better safe than sorry....that is a dangerous River system at Florence, should they moved it to lower end, it would be safer....will not be any better tomorrow...jmo.....
Posted by FishingwithRusty
3/19/2021 10:27 AM
crap decision, one of the challenges of this sport is dealing with the changing conditions. those guys are professional fisherman and boat operators, let them make the decisions for themselves.

my .02
Posted by finbully
3/19/2021 11:07 AM
lawyers...
Posted by rippinlips2win
3/19/2021 12:51 PM
we all go do this and we even have to sign our wavers of liability. We as boaters take on the liability of being there and the decisions we make. I lost a good friend to a boating accident at a Costa on Okeechobee and I experienced the brutal conditions that the boater tried to navigate to save 10 minutes of running around the rim canal. I went into the teeth of it looking for Nik for the next 4 days and it was ROUGH! My point being, with proper decision making and safety precautions there are few conditions that in my mind warrant cancelling a tournament day. Nik was lost because of a decision the driver of the boat made, not because of the tournament day nor the weather. And, this is after losing a good friend to such a decision. Be smart, this is a dangerous game we choose to play...
Posted by FishingwithRusty
3/19/2021 1:07 PM
rippinlips2win - 3/19/2021 1:51 PM

we all go do this and we even have to sign our wavers of liability. We as boaters take on the liability of being there and the decisions we make. I lost a good friend to a boating accident at a Costa on Okeechobee and I experienced the brutal conditions that the boater tried to navigate to save 10 minutes of running around the rim canal. I went into the teeth of it looking for Nik for the next 4 days and it was ROUGH! My point being, with proper decision making and safety precautions there are few conditions that in my mind warrant cancelling a tournament day. Nik was lost because of a decision the driver of the boat made, not because of the tournament day nor the weather. And, this is after losing a good friend to such a decision. Be smart, this is a dangerous game we choose to play...

Posted by jg1456
3/19/2021 2:23 PM
IS THAT THE GUY THAT WAS IN THE RANGER A COUPLE YEARS AGO? THEY FOUND THE BOAT CRASHING AGAINST THE RIPRAP WITH THE BACK END BEAT OFF?
Posted by rippinlips2win
3/19/2021 3:24 PM
yes it is. I looked for the video of the boat but could not find it, I was going to post it.
Posted by jcodylew
3/19/2021 3:53 PM
looks like they are a go for tomorrow... I guess I should adjust my fantasy tie breaker.... AGAIN
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
May 2022
SMTWTFS
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: Smallmouth extravaganza

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2022 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software