LakeMaster or Navionics

churly

C Map kicks both of their butts for this lake

Aries 181

LakeMaster for ease of operation and shallow water hi-lite feature. I've NEVER come close to hitting any bottom when running their chip.

Bill

Started with navionics. Then moved to lake master at the console while still running nav up front. Would compare the two while fishing and noticed the lake master to be quite a bit more accurate with contours. And as mentioned highlighting options and usability are great with lakemaster. Those maps are your best friend with changing water levels

sdfd29

What type of depth finders are you using. Not all are compatible with the various units?? For Lowrance it is the C-Map instead of Navionics. I just got the C-Map high definition and really like it.

FishingwithRusty

if youre running humminbird then lakemaster, others then Cmaps

lakemaster has the function of being able to offset contours with current lake level and then highlighting various depth ranges. for instance, on my console nav unit i keep 5' or less highlighted in red, then as i adjust for the current lake levels i see where i can and cant run. ive only been here a couple of years but have been able to navigate the lake regardless of lake level without issues. the other REALLY nice thing is the depth highlight, if you figure out a depth that the fish are in you can highlight the depth and the eliminate a lot of water.

Churly, ive been told Cmaps has the depth highlighting capabilities, true? what about offsetting for lake levels?

sdfd29

C-Map does not have an "off set" feature. The shading is one of the features that I am using. You can set colors and opacity values for each depth range. Once you figure out how to do it, it is a effective tool. Wacky Riggers has a good you-tube video on how to do it. You can set it up to highlight the depth of interest pretty easily. You have two different selections so you can set up a winter and a summer palate. But it is not the same as the humminbird feature.