Is this Depth Finder Dead?

takenoprisoners

So a while back, a guy gave my brother a used depth finder. It's an Eagle Cuda 300. (Note: I realize this isn't fancy, but doesn't matter as long as it works.) Well, my brother gave it to me. Then I let it sit around for a few years. Finally, I recently decided to put it to use.

Got it all set up, then went out to test it out.

It turns on and shows depth, but there's no way it's right. It's showing 90 feet, 150 feet when I'm trolling along the shoreline. It is not on the "here's how it works" mode. I'm guessing I mounted it at the wrong depth on the back of the boat, but even if I'm sitting still it gives crazy readings. Should I toss the thing and get something new or is there a trick I can do to troubleshoot it?

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Electronically Stupid

fischnrod

Well in my opinion it's old and not worth repair. It's just like any computer and outdated but that's just me so, if you can make it work for you that's all that really matters

takenoprisoners

Time to kiss it goodbye. Hahaha. I was hoping someone would say, "I had this same problem. You just have to cock your head a bit to the left." Hahaha. Farewell, broken depth finder. Thanks and tight lines...