Active Target.

Montman

Needing a little help or information. Bought the active target and had to mount it on a pole since I have a motor guide ix5 trolling motor. Bought two new HDS Live and the live sight for the back. Have installed it as it is shown and instructions say. Have done all the updates on all the units 20.3. The rear live sight is connected to my unit on the console. Works great. Connected the active target to the front. The line indicator
doesn’t move and it doesn’t matter what mode you are in all it shows is blinking lines. Have had it out three times and always the same. Turned the sonar off on the trolling motor to see if that helps. Still had the same lines. Anyone have any suggestions. Have contacted lowrance by email but heard nothing. When I call the support line I have a hard time understanding them and they also have a time with my southern accent. Any help is appreciated.

churly

is the unit and the module updated to the version 20.3 software? go to menu>settings>about it should show what version your unit is running

Montman

Thanks will look at that when I get home. I downloaded all the updates and installed them. That doesn’t mean that it took it.

bronzeback45

Depending on how your transducer is facing. Also, without the latest update, you have to select foward, down or scout view. but make sure you line the notches up for each view. With 20.3 update it works in auto mode. You need to update active target remotely, and from the bow unit the ethernet is hooked too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqaCKwGn8M&t=1428s