Bow Mount Graph Suggestions

jrhink

Hey, I’m new to bass fishing from a boat. Just got my boat in December of 2020. It came with an Hook reveal 7 graph without side imaging at console. I’m looking to install a bow mounted graph. What do you guys suggest? Should I move Hook reveal to bow and replace ? Which brand and model do you guys suggest? I’m probably going to try to stay mid Range in price.

rippinlips2win

I have been super happy with the humminbird helix. You can usually find a used one in good shape at a good price. PM me if you would like and we can discuss.

FishingwithRusty

definitely make the switch to humminbird at the console so you can run lakemaaster, will save you this winter!!!!

Aries 181

Whatever you choose, I would go with the mount in the pic over a Ram mount ball/arm.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_0556.jpg
    IMG_0556.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 180

FishingwithRusty

i read this morning they announced the Helix 7 is getting the gn4 updates and some other cool features, its capable of networking and MEGA imaging

+1 on HB. Super easy user interface. Terrific resolution and images. I think the side scan is a must. It'll optimize your practice/finding fish time. The MEGA detail is amazing.

Aries 181

I wish Gen 1's were able to be upgraded to MEGA. I have both networked but don't even know if that works or not. Lakemaster has kept me out of the mud in the winter though. I haven't even used it since April as I can't deal with the heat.

Waiting on October and cooler weather.

Bill

jrhink

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve decided to go with helix 8 with side imaging at the console and move the Lowrance to the bow. Can I use the Lowrance transducer on the bow connected to the trolling motor? I have heard that some transducers can’t be used on trolling motors due to interference.

Aries 181

You won't know if you have interference with the TM until you get the unit up and running, then run the TM.

Bill

silvertalon

jrhink - 8/22/2021 10:41 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ve decided to go with helix 8 with side imaging at the console and move the Lowrance to the bow. Can I use the Lowrance transducer on the bow connected to the trolling motor? I have heard that some transducers can’t be used on trolling motors due to interference.
I'd keep the smaller unit at the helm as it will be easier to view up close. Get at least a 9"/10" unit for the bow so you can see it better while standing. Anything smaller, you will regret later. I've bought smaller units in the past due to affordability only to face years of disappointment. Remember, black Friday is only 3 months away and you can save hundreds or get an affordable larger unit.
IMO.

silvertalon

Also remember, you need 2 units that will share waypoints. If you are marking waypoints using sidescan at the helm, you need to see those waypoints at the bow to catch those fish. You won't be able to do this by mixing different brands. Assuming the Hook 7" has a data cable plug-in, you can buy an Elite TI for the helm and run a data cable to the Hook. Lowrance runs Navionics which is arguable the best in cartogrophy. Especially if you buy the CMAP chip later for color shading and live custom mapping. The Elite Ti also has bluetooth for your cell pn. Not sure what is still available from Lowrance in the Ti as they have gone to the FS model which is more expensive. Either unit is also wireless with each other- Ti to Ti, or, FS to FS. Means you don't need data cables for comm. My guess regarding 2021 Black Friday? There will be some great deals on the FS ! IMO

jrhink

My plan is to later on (maybe Black Friday) replace Lowrance that I’m putting on bow with a larger screen Hummingbird. Like you said, that way I will be able to see it better and they will be able to be linked together.
Thanks for your suggestions.

churly

Hummingbirds are nice but there are way less user friendly than a lowrance-always have been. navigating between pages, changing settings is 10X easier on the lowrance. And the C-maps available for Lowrance dust lakemaster. Especially on this river

FishingwithRusty

churly - 8/26/2021 9:05 AM

Hummingbirds are nice but there are way less user friendly than a lowrance-always have been. navigating between pages, changing settings is 10X easier on the lowrance. And the C-maps available for Lowrance dust lakemaster. Especially on this river

has CMAPS come up with the option to adjust for current lake levels?

trbr81

cant go wrong with a helix - but I just got the Garmin 12 inch Black Friday special from bass pro. without even having it on the water I love the touch screen and ease of navigating the menus

silvertalon

Enjoying dual Lowrance Wi fi and dual 9" Garmin's with Livescope. The color range mapping on Garmin (fishing maps mode), is very nice. But, CMAP on a 12" lowrance is amazing. Wish I could get a Hbird 12" with Mega 360 and Lakemaster mapping but... All these new electronics and price tags- I feel like Harrison Ford running from the rolling ball!

trbr81

silvertalon - 12/20/2022 8:11 PM

Enjoying dual Lowrance Wi fi and dual 9" Garmin's with Livescope. The color range mapping on Garmin (fishing maps mode), is very nice. But, CMAP on a 12" lowrance is amazing. Wish I could get a Hbird 12" with Mega 360 and Lakemaster mapping but... All these new electronics and price tags- I feel like Harrison Ford running from the rolling ball!

I originally bought single mounts for bow and console from BBT roughly two years ago and already have replaced them with dual mounts because two is better than one. may not help me catch more fish but damn it looks cool