New to Kayak Fishing

BulletTJ

So I sold my Bullet a couple of weeks ago. I have decided to give this kayak fishing a try. I am going to buy an Old Town Sportsman Autopilot 136. That is as soon as I can find one. I am old and not sure I want to peddle or paddle while I fish. I guess the bass boat spoiled me. When I get the Yak, I will be looking for advice on things to do to it rigging-wise. I can rig a bass boat with the best of them. But, I have no idea about must-haves on a kayak.

G

A good life jacket with front pockets for handy storage. I fish out of a hobie pro angler with 4 rods so they can all be stored in rods tubes. I prefer braid to leader on spinning and bait casters. (More versatility) I rarely fish crank baits because they pull the kayak out of position. Small swimbaits, jerkbaits, swinging jig heads, topwater and anything finesse is hard to beat. You will fish areas more thoroughly out of a kayak.

G

I also just got a kayak recently, I'm excited to no longer be bank bound. I have have been trying to read up on places to hit the water. I'm in the Hixson area. On some of the older post I saw an APP called Launch Site suggested but I'm not seeing it in the Play store. Does anyone know if this app changed names? It would be nice to try some "Skinny water" so far I've just been out at Harrison Bay with some friends. And I want to check out Chick Creek from Greenway Farms because it's close to me. Any other good spots around? I'm not picky about what I'm fishing for I'll reel in anything that's biting!

Sobe3531

Can't hide money ole Tim Roy! I sure do miss fishing in the Team flat broke bullet, hope all is well friend! emoToast

BulletTJ

I am doing great. Those were the days. We had a blast. Hope you are doing well. I will admit I was sick when the Bullet left the driveway.

Sobe3531

Yeah we did for sure! Good ole days for me no doubt, now i couldn't catch one at the aquarium haha. And yeah i bet that was hard for sure.