Deep Cranking Rod

Rob Lee

Considering a new deep cranking rod. At least 7'11". I was at Fish Tales the other day and handled the Megabass Orochi Launcher ($349) I cannot justify spending that. Nice rod though. Dobyns Champion 805 & 806 get great reviews. There are a few Cashion Elite rods still available. I read that the Cashion Elite 7'11" (10XD) was pretty much like a broomstick. The reviews I have read and a couple folks I have talked to do not speak favorable of the new Cashion Icon Series. Would love to know what you guys are using or recommend. Have a safe holiday weekend and thanks.

Fshn Cpa

Rob. I picked up a 7ft Joe Burns custom med heavy fast tip crankbait rod a couple of years ago. Works great for the deep cranking. I think it was around $100 - $125 two or three years ago. I am with you on the cost. I don't spend enough time deep cranking ( maybe I should) to justify that cost.

FishingwithRusty

THIS ONE!!! catch up with me on the water and you can toss it around

http://taipanrods.com/store.html#!/8-XD-CRANK/p/74627072/category=21480961

TightlineT

I’ve got an Abu winch cranking rod that I like pretty well for 6 xds. It is only rated for up to 1 1/2 oz., so I have been very careful using it for 8 or 10 xd. I’m looking for a rod for those. I really don’t use enough to justify much over $150. I’ve been looking at the 13 fishing black omen, but not pulled the trigger yet. It is 7’11” and rated for 2 oz I believe.

Rob Lee

I have two of those also. Tackle Warehouse is having a Memorial Day sale. The 13 Fishing rod you mention is $140.00 at Tackle Warehouse. 13 Fishing is not included in sale. You can get a Cashion Elite Series 7'11" 10XD Heavy/Moderate Fast for $169.00 plus tax, free shipping. I may get a Dobyns Champion XP 806 for $229.49. I have several gift cards to use. Thanks for you input, I appreciate it.

seth

Dobyns has the Fred Roumbanis 803SB on sale for $140 on their website. It is the same blank as the Champion 806CB as far as I know. I have 2 and love them.

Rob Lee

I looked at those, thanks. Even though I have several, not a fan of split grip. I got until mid nite to pull trigger. Thanks again.

Rob Lee

beetlespin - 5/31/2022 7:03 PM

I have that Launcher and will sell it for $250

Already pulled the trigger. Don't you like it or just don't like deep cranking. I don't particularly enjoy the presentation, I just want to punish myself.

TightlineT

Do you know anything about the 13 fishing rods? Looking at the black omen but don know anyone that uses 13 fishing or where I can go feel the actions. At 140, won’t break the bank if it is any good…..

Rob Lee

I personally do not, but I would like to handle one too. Sadly, this is the case with most things you want or considering buying. On-line shopping is pretty much like buying a pig in a poke. I buy most fishing gear from Tackle Warehouse or Fishtales in Cleveland. It is amazing what Hank (I think that is his name) has in stock. Quite frankly, he puts most retailers in this area to shame. Nice guy too.