HBSP parking lot expansion.

Pointer 78

Spent some time at HBSP this morning and noticed machinery clearing trees on the northeastern side of the parking lot. I found out that they are expanding the parking area. Something that has been sorely needed.

Rob Lee

Just joking. They need to repair the one they have. Chinese fire drill this evening. Thursday night dog fight.

ChooChooSnakeMan

The parking lot expansion is certainly needed in my opinion but the ramp needs work. I've always thought the way it widens at the water which requires people to actually know how to back a trailer (another discussion:-() was a problem that kept the ramp from usually being fully utilized. Another problem is that the ramp in the water is sloping so much. I wish they could just expand it and level it out. The ramp on the left when facing the water slopes off pretty good and many people run off of it or get their trailer in the water so jacked up that their boat won't load. On more than one occasion I've waded out and tried to lend a hand to someone struggling, usually a pontoon. We can wish for improvements emoParty

Rob Lee

the side of the ramp you are speaking of use to have a yellow stripe painted down the side which helped a little. I did that very thing loading my boat when I first used the ramp years ago. I meant to say dock. I can't believe someone hasn't hurt themselves with the boards sticking up. Lawsuit waiting to happen. It would be too easy to put old tires as bumpers around the dock like they did at Grasshopper Creek. The dock isn't that old, and it is starting to show the signs of abuse.

Fshn Cpa

Agree on the dock repairs. I think it was rebuilt last year and took about two weeks before the rubber bumpers were getting ripped off. I see a lot of people launching there that don't have a clue. Back their boats down to the edge of the water, then proceed to load their gear, untie their boat, go take a dump usually right in the middle of the ramp.

Rob Lee

Too funny Vince. I experience something of that nature every time I use the ramp and I'm certain others do as well. I just take my "chill pill" before I leave the house. On a different subject, we live pretty close to each other. While setting outside on the deck last night, I seen a coyote in my yard. He actually strolled through twice.