Annual Bitch, Gripe, Praise and New Suggestions for the CFF 2023 Trail

Dropshot

Staff member
Guys we do this every year so you all can air out and voice your opinions as to what you liked or disliked about the CFF Trail this past year.</p>

Please make your suggestions as to what you would like to see changed for the Committee take under consideration for the 2023 trail. We want to grow this trail. Thank You!</p>

FishingwithRusty

try to be more considerate of other tournament schedules, some of us fish other stuff but like to fish with this group too. thanks ;)

Smalliefan2

Even split between day and night tournaments. Would like to qualify for classic without fishing at night. My seeing eye dog doesn't help much at night, he can't see either.
Well run, fisherman friendly.

drdetroit

I agree with SmallieFan2 even split with day/night tournaments! Age and night vision are not equal. Would like to qualify with day tournaments<div>Dr Detroit</div>

Volfish

Way too many night tournaments for these old eyes. End the May-June day tournament at noon before most of the large boats get out.

billyc

Start night tournaments at end of June instead of May. Have four and thats it for night tournaments. And go back to starting them at 8 o'clock instead of 7. To hard to get there by 6 or 615 to be ready on a Friday with traffic because some of us still have to work.

FishingwithRusty

How about doubling up in April and or may and skipping August when it sucks and it's so hard on the fish, just an idea

silvertalon

I dropped out because of the 6 night events , no fall day events, and couldn't qual for the classic via day tournaments. Other reasons too like- no one posted the classic scores 2 years in-a-row now. How would you all like to work your but off all year to qualify, win the classic solo, and not a one of the commitee chime in with at least the scores! and the rules about posting reports- It claims that, "We don't need you if you can't place a report" and then most of the committee won't even chime in?! lack of participation is part of the reason why the majority of participants have dropped out and, little promo to encourage new anglers. Other reasons too. need to up the entry fee to at least 50 or 60. The multi-species big fish prizes need to go. Just 1st or maybe 2nd big fish. This is supposed to be a weekend fun tournament. The rules look stricter than the Bassmasters Classic. The Classic is way too soon . Needs to go to the end of October. We need 2 day events in the fall and reduce the night events like the CBA has done. imo

FishingwithRusty

i think Glenn makes some good points, particularly about the multiple species big fish awards and moving the classic back to late October or even early November and having at least one fall tournament.

night fishing is a big thing but not sure that it should make up half the schedule

billyc

I agree with Glenn totally entry fee is going to have to go up and I know this is just supposed to be low budget tournament. However gas and the price of everything has increased to the point that you go in the hole practically even if you win. You are not going to attract more people to fish a tournament if they don't think there is something to win. I know some will say this will only encourage so called ringers to show up, but good competition only makes tournament better. Now there is a point where if prize money gets to high someone will inevitably cheat. But that's the good with the bad and I can assure you someone has already done that in ever tournament circuit around here no matter if you fish for a dollar. Wouldn't mind maby fishing up around Dayton or watts bar instead of that f---ing sullivans where no one seems to catch anything. But definitely don't need as many night tournaments. And stop setting tournaments on holiday weekends like memorial day and labor day.

elwestb

Bump

Love the night tournaments but an even spread would be good for the guys that dont like night tournaments, Would love it if the classic was late October or even in early November. Day tourneys to end of may and then night through august or even mid September then end September and October back to day and then the classic

elwestb

Why not?

I enjoyed the one we did fish. Its hard on us though to sign up on Wednesday or Thursday. Sometimes we dont know if we can fish till Friday morning.

elwestb

Sign up regardless then if you can male the event you are covered. If not and you are unable to fish so be it!

FishingwithRusty

it would be nice to hear the summary of the changes being made for next year from this thread

elwestb

Working on it!