List of ethanol free gas stations

Gator

Hey fellers. Just for your info..........You may already know this but as of now PURE gas stations have 100% gas with no ethanol. There are 3 I know of, Hwy 41 @ Cloud Springs Rd, Hixson Pk, and Hwy 58. emoFish

Wet Willie

RE: ethanol free gas

Thanks for the info Gator!

Gator

Ronnie Cunningham owns the Pure Station on Hixson Pk. It's on the right going toward town.

JDK

Re: ethanol free gas

JaSkynyrd - 10/24/2008 11:16 PM

FYI Sams Club's station on lee highway has 100% gas, they just don't advertise the fact.

you have to be a Sams club member to get their gas though
Gene at Jersey Pike and Bonny Oaks has ethanol free and so does the little store on 58 right before you get to Jacks. think it is called ABC

jcv

Can you please post the address of the Pure station on Hixon.
Tried to Google it but received no results.
Thanks for your help.

Gator

I wish I could locate the address but I can't. It's the only PURE Station on the right side of Hixson Pike going South (toward Town) and I'm thinking in or near Rivermont area. It's a full service station owner is Ronnie Cunningham.

davidtulis

I have been as concerned as some of you sportsmen about ethanol in the fuel supply. It was suggested by Ram Jack Scott that I join your forum to let you know about a public service project being done which may answer the question: Where in the Chattanooga area can I buy ethanol-free gasoline for my vehicle or watercraft?

The project is a Web site built by my 14-year-old son, DJ, a homeschooled student and young entrepreneur.

Visit ethanolfreechatt.com

DJ is trying to get a list from Dupree Oil, a main distributor of the good gas serving about 20 area stations. This list will help make the site complete.

Please check the site and let him know of ethanol-free stations you frequent. Or you can let me know here at Chattanooga Fishing Forum.

The information he needs if you have one for the list is:

The gas brand (Exxon, Conoco, Mr. Zip, etc.)
The store name
the street address
the ZIP code
Phone number (if you have it handy).

The ZIP will help him in use of Google maps.

Also, notify him of any inaccuracies.

Many thanks for your time.

David Tulis,
Soddy-Daisy

craazyboutbass

If you're fishing Parksville anytime and need to fill up, I recomend you fill at the Phillips 66 with the Subway that is on the left before you get up by the dam on 64. It has enthanol free gas as well, or so they say.

Bill

Red Bank Service Station (across the street from Nichol's Marine) is a Pure Station and has the ethanol free gas.

Gator

Another station with ethanol free gas is at the corner of Ringgold Rd. and S. Moore in E. Ridge and it's an EXON Station.

davidtulis

The danger to boat and other small engines from ethanol-containing gasoline has been highlighted in the past few days by a lengthy story Saturday, Nov. 22, in the Naples, Fla., newspaper. It was discussed Monday on the Rush Limbaugh show. The link:

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2008...t-florida-boaters-say-ethanol-ha/?partner=RSS

You can also read the story through a link at www.ethanolfreechatt.com, which is attempting to build a complete list of ethanol-free gas stations in the Chatt area.

Thank you, Gator, for mention of the Exxon station in East Ridge. We are trying to get the street address for purpose of Google maps.

David Tulis
Dad of ethanol free site webmaster

bassncorey

The Chevron that is across from Cochran's truck in Ringgold has Ethanol Free Gas. It was $2.69 when I was there tonight. Just thought I would pass it along.

Gator

Thanks but I hope you meant $1.69.

emoToast emoUSA

G

I wathinking that too... tahts a premium for ethanol free gas

Pthach

The gas station that my dealership uses here in Cleveland is 100% gas. It's the fuel mart right next to the dirt oval race track..