CFF HTML signature files

theangler

Dear CFF Members,
Later this week we will be implementing a change to the forums that we felt we should make everyone aware of. We wanted to post an announcement to make you all aware of the change, explain some of the reasons, and get feedback from members.

The Change:

As a default we will be removing HTML signature files

What does that Mean:

Basically it means nothing to any users who don't currently have HTML Signature Files.

For those users that have pictures in their signature files but don't link them to another site, you should reply to this post and let us know and you will not be affected.

For services or individuals with existing partnerships (i.e. barter relationships) you will not be affected but please PM an Admin to confirm we have already activated your account.

For current advertisers of this site with links in their signature file you will not be affected

So basically the only users affected will be users with links/advertisements to outside web sites in their signature files. If you wish to keep your link/advertisement in your signature you will need to purchase a "CFF Supporter Signature Package ". For your convenience it can easily be obtained on the advertisers tab or by clicking here . For merchants or services who wish to trade Signature link packages for CFF Tournament support, CFF Web Site promotional Give-Aways, etc.. please contact us .

Why is this happening: We have decided to make this change for many reasons the main reason being, we feel it is a fair, reasonable way to create revenue. The Administrators and moderators of this forum are committed to keeping CFF a "homey" (a direct quote from one of your admins) environment and we are in complete agreement. We feel this is a great way to generate revenue and continue to provide value for users benefiting from the promotional links in their signature file on this forum, while not affecting the "homey" appeal that users signatures with their favorite photo's and things have.

How do I know if I currently have a HTML Signature file? If you have anything in your signature file that is not just text it is HTML.

For those of you have HTML and don't link out to another web site and would like to keep your file the same. Simply reply to this post that you want to keep your current signature file and we will enable it before the switch is made.

What if I have questions about my specific HTML Signature file that has not been covered here? Please use the Contact Us form with questions.

How will I know if my account has HTML activated? You will see the following graphic above your signature file:</p>

cff-supporter-sig.jpg
 </p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

AThornton

Re: CFF Forum Announcment

Mine doesn't link to another site and I would like to keep it por favor......

emoBigsmile emoAngler

G

I would like to keep mine like it is, if not change it.

Are you guys serious? C'mon... where do you think the money goes? It goes to what the new banner above your signature says.... CFF Support. It costs money to keep the forum up and running. And as big as it has gotten and the positive changes firstlightnet has made, I'm sure it makes sense to support the site if you want an html signature. My .02 Thanks Mike. You and your org have done a great job with the site and appreciate your efforts.

m17glock

i would also like to get mine back since i dont link to any other sites .

Kirk

RE: CFF Forum Announcment

I paid my supporter link payment.

SO CLICK THE HECK OUT OF MY LINK emoLaugh

Then come and eat some Bar-B-Que with me and Ratman.

theangler

Blake, </p>

I see your pretty intent on an answer about what First Light Net's plans to do with revenue generated but I think the most important question here is "Will the members that purchase this packages get value for what they purchase?", the answer to that is YES, and we have been and are committed to doing just that for all our advertisers. Along those lines our company is committed to offering members the best possible platforms to educate, teach, mentor, and build friendships with each other, FREE! You see many of the bigger forums choosing to charge members for membership, we have chosen not to do that and feel by providing value to sponsors and advertisers they can benefit, our company generates revenue, members benefit from the dollars that these sponsors spend to build their businesses and everyone wins. </p>

</p>

Our business model is truly a win/win/win model, our company does not ever want to profit at the expense of anyone, we are trying to create media network that everyone involved wins. If you ask the "supporters" that purchase a package from this site a year from now, what the best advertising return they ever made in their life was, i will be willing to bet that this site package is it! It is very inexpensive and will work for them in many ways! Finally if ANYONE purchases this package and a year from now does not feel they got great value we will be happy to run the following year FREE!</p>

</p>

I hope that clears up our position on things but if you would like to discuss it further please feel free to call me in the office tomorrow at 719-572-9065 ext.221.
</p>

minner

theangler - 2/11/2009 8:43 PM

Our business model is truly a win/win/win model, <font color="#cc0000">our company does not ever want to profit at the expense of anyone</font>, we are trying to create media network that everyone involved wins. </p>
</p>

</p>

Sorry I have to call BULL on that one.Besides the fact that that statement is illogical, it's not correct if it weren't. You see my sig link, was NOT for profit anyway. It was a link to my personal website that promotes conservation and conversation. I pay the expenses out of my pocket every month. I lose, lose.</p>

Dropshot

Staff member

It also screwed up my plain text three line signature.

Fishin Fool

Dropshot - 2/12/2009 2:26 PM

It also screwed up my plain text three line signature.

Mine also

beetlespin

Predatorial Advertising Services is the name of the company that owns this site now. What else needs to be said?

G

I think someone who has the know-how needs to start a new forum that does what it was intended to do, instead of making it into a money-making venture. Forget paid advertising etc. I have been looking at it and the cost to host a site is not expensive.