Power-Pole Shallow Water Anchor

Superbad

I recently purchased a power-pole from Eddie Amos at Boats and Motors of Dalton. The power-pole is the best thing since sliced bread. I highly recommend this product. If anyone desides to get a power-pole, I would recommend spending the extra $ and get the 8' model.

-Have fun tomorrow, practice catch and release today- emoUSA

dragfish

It's on my bucket list! If you are going under a low clearance bridge, say where you have to drop you seats and trim your motor level-can you drop that low enough for clearance without it dragging in 2ft of water?

Superbad

I've haven't been there yet. The power-pole, in the retracted position, is about 12" higher than my motor when its at level trim. Hope that helps.

rooster

MAN , I HAVE BEING LOOKING AT THOSE. MAYBE WHEN UNCLE SAM PAYS ME ???? thanks for the info.

Gatorman

Great product for holding steady in shallow water. Worth the expense for sure if you ever find fish and need to hold steady. Also helps to save your trolling motor battery on windy days.

Rivermont Jeff

gobigorange - 3/9/2011 10:22 AM

How does it affect the guy in the back of the boat does he smack his rod against when trying side arm casts?

Mine is just about even with the top of the motor. Has never been an issue.

FLASH

The "power pole" is one of the best accessories that you can add to your boat period. It's not only good for shallow water anchoring, it can also be used to hold your boat as you fish down the bank and have to re-tie, 0r if you need to beach your boat, you can put it down and keep your keel from pounding on the bottom, rocks etc. I also bought mine from Eddie Amos at Boats and Motors of Dalton. He did an excellent installation, and it has worked flawlessly for the past two years.

Fastwin

emoUpsmile

Good one Rod!

Does the boat rotate when the pole is down since it's a pivot point?

Shark

Power poles are great for shallow water... which means you'll most likely only use it 4 months out of the year, on Lake Chick emoPoke lol. Every one here seems to ask how much they stick up while deployed and 1 guy asked just what I was thinking. Is it in the way of the back seater?

I love to fish shallow as much as I can. But when you are out in 15 feet to 40 ft of water, they are useless and stick up at least 2 ft higher than the motor. 2 x the problem if a boat has dual poles. As a back seater, I'd hate to be fishing deep water and the poles sticking up interfering with you casts.

JMO