You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Verse of the Day
Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1
   Specialty Forums Spiritual / Religion / Prayer Requests

Posted by kdxdude
3/17/2010 4:29 AM
On another forum I am on they have a "Verse of the Day" thread. I thought I would start one here. Please help me to keep this thread going, I will do my best but I would gladly appreciate help by folks posting verses here. I have Jimmy Houston's book "Catch of the Day Spiritual Lessons for Life from the Sport of Fishing". The comments that are typed after the verses are from Jimmy Houston's book. Thanks CFF for giving us another avenue to share God's word.

"Stop complaining to each other."

John 6:43

When God saves us, He places His Holy Spirit in us. The Holy Spirit produces much fruit-including joy-and none of this holy fruit includes grumbling. If you're saved, act like it!

God Bless Ya'll & have a GREAT day! I'm goin fishin!!!

Posted by kdxdude
3/18/2010 3:29 AM
Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks.

Philippians 4:6
Posted by kdxdude
3/19/2010 9:26 AM
Respecting the LORD and not being proud will bring you wealth, honor, and life.

Proverbs 22:4
Posted by Fat Albert
3/19/2010 1:34 PM
hey I love this idea.........it is a good thing...FA
Posted by SpurHunter
3/19/2010 3:50 PM
Great verse today!
Posted by kdxdude
3/20/2010 5:02 AM
"Don't be afraid; just believe."

Mark 5:36

God wants us to believe Him and not be afraid no matter what. This trust comes from absolutely knowing that you belong to Him and that He will never forsake you.
Posted by canoe fisherman
3/20/2010 5:14 AM
Isaiah 40:31
They that hope in the LORD will renew their strength,
they will soar as with eagles' wings; They will run and not grow weary, walk and not grow faint.
Posted by kdxdude
3/20/2010 5:28 AM
Good one canoe fisherman!! Thanks for posting!
Posted by kdxdude
3/21/2010 6:25 AM
Anyone who is having troubles should pray.

James 5:13

For a lot of believers, trouble is the only time they let God work in their lives. God will be there to carry us through our storms, but if we let Him walk with us everyday, He will keep us out of most trouble.
Posted by kdxdude
3/22/2010 9:01 AM
But the Lord is faithful and will give you strength and will protect you from the Evil One.

2 Thessalonians 3:3

How can we allow God to work better in guarding us against attacks from the devil? Christians and non-Christians will be attacked by Satan. Without God, in all honesty, we're pretty powerless. With God, we have the power of prayer constantly available. When Satan attacks, pray! You will be amazed at how quickly God will come to help.
Posted by kdxdude
3/23/2010 7:50 AM
"I will put my teachings in their minds and write them on their hearts."

Jeremiah 31:33
Posted by soddyvolfan
3/23/2010 9:38 PM
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Posted by kdxdude
3/24/2010 7:15 AM
Let me obey your demands perfectly so I will not be ashamed.

Psalm 119:80
Posted by Fat Albert
3/24/2010 8:53 AM

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.    proverbs

Posted by hank
3/24/2010 8:54 AM
this was a great idea.
Posted by kdxdude
3/25/2010 10:52 AM
Whoever says that he lives in God must live as Jesus lived.

1 John 2:6

All of us are affected greatly by the people we respect and look up to, so shouldn't what we say about how to live be directed by the greatest person who ever walked this earth? Jesus is that person, and His life was lived in perfection. Today, ask God to give you the mindset of Jesus. Pause in every situation and relationship and give God a chance to let you react like Jesus. Just a two-second pause is all God needs to work miracles if you're serious about letting Him.
Posted by kdxdude
3/26/2010 8:20 AM
In all this Job did not sin or blame God.

Job 1:22

Sometimes it seems that just getting by day by day is a terrific struggle, but keep in mind that struggles have a benefit. We learn much more at the bottom than we do at the top of the heap. It's good to look at challenges as great opportunities to learn and build character. God will actually use these hardships to build you as a Christian. We all know Job as the king of trouble and hardship. When we read about Job the first time, it's almost impossible not to cry for the guy. When we finish the story, we see what God can make out of our troubles. What an awesome God!!!
Posted by kdxdude
3/27/2010 5:43 AM
Be full of joy in the Lord always, I will say again, be full of joy.

Philippians 4:4
Posted by canoe fisherman
3/27/2010 7:11 AM
Make a joyful noise unto the Lord, all ye lands.
Serve the Lord with gladness;
come before his presence with singing.
Know ye that the Lord he is God;
it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
Enter into his gates with thanksgiving,
and into his courts with praise;
be thankful unto him, and bless his name.
For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting;
and his truth endureth to all generations.

psalm 100
Posted by kdxdude
3/28/2010 6:14 AM
God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works.

Ephesians 2:10
Posted by kdxdude
3/29/2010 6:14 AM
"We are allowed to do all things"--but not all things are good for us to do.

1 Corinthians 10:23

God Bless Ya'll & have a GREAT day!!!

Edited by kdxdude 3/29/2010 6:15 AM
Posted by kdxdude
3/30/2010 4:02 AM
Wait and trust the LORD.

Psalm 37:7

We all get impatient with God at times. When you know what a powerful God He is, you come to expect miracles from Him all the time. But be patient; it's His timetable.
Posted by Fat Albert
3/30/2010 9:41 AM

I love this one......

Be kind to one another, tender hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.     Ephesians 4:32

Posted by hl&s
3/30/2010 12:05 PM

This was a good idea. No matter what frame of mind you're in or what's going on in your life, the bible has the answers and points you in the right direction.

Scriptures explain yesterday, today, and tomorrow, answers all questions, and always leaves you feeling better after reading them.

Thanks for all of the above verses. Keep em coming.

Posted by kdxdude
3/31/2010 6:34 AM
"The God of heaven will give us success."

Nehemiah 2:20

The way to success with your family, your job or anything else is with the Living God. He has been at the core of everything good we have done. Whatever success we've had in our family, fishing, or business has come from God. Yes, there have been many struggles and trials, but through my darkest moments God was not walking with me--He was carrying me. What a blessing to live in God's arms!
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... >
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
August 2022
SMTWTFS
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: Labman's fishin trips

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2022 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software