CFF Litter Patrol

rsimms

Many "Thanks" to the two dozen CFF'ers who made a difference Sunday. With many hard-working hands, it didn't take long to make a sizable dent in the shoreline litter below Chickamauga Dam. More to come on Chattanoogan.com Outdoors later today.

Pictures below ... and here's the list of all the folks who helped. Sincere apologies if we missed anbybody:
CFF Name
Buzz- Terry Bradshaw
Gator- Ernie Biddy
Madbomber- Alan Witt
Catmaster- Logan Mitchell
Outcaster- Danny Mitchell
Canoe Fisherman- Chuck Dickerson
EricM- Eric Maurer (often known as "The Legend," or "Eric the Injured")
Ja Skynyrd- Rich Allen
Wrechin2- James Perry
Auburnwes- Wes Chambers
Ditchdoc- Taylor
Crazybass- Bill Robinson
Mike Robinson
Angelfish- Sierra Almy
Carol Almy
Catfinger- Storm Almy
Cathead- Hunter Almy
Spurhunter- Erik Almy
Shsimons- Sam Simons
Sethavellie- Seth Coleman
Emily Holmes
Rattletrapper- Mike Griffin
JSV- Jason Villers
Ashley Villers
RSimms- Richard Simms

Attachments

• CFF_Litter_Group.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Group.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 818
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol028.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol028.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 836
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol029.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol029.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 867
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol031.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol031.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 853
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol037.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol037.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 862
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol039.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol039.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 875
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol027.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol027.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 835
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol043.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol043.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 859
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol032.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol032.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 838
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol044.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol044.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 863
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol045.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol045.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 829
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol046.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol046.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 846
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol036.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol036.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 847
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol041.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol041.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 856
  • CFF_Litter_Patrol044.jpg
    CFF_Litter_Patrol044.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 842

Fat Albert

<font color="#ff0066" size="3" face="comic sans ms,sand">I saw the news last night on Channel 9 and there wuz this strange lookin man speaking intelligently in front of the camera... WTG spur.... YOU DONE GOOD. I did hear that he fell down on the rocks and hurt his pride..... good job. FAemoGrouphug </font>

wrechin2

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All those pictures and I was able to stay out of all of them!!!!!!! emoLaugh emoLaugh

cast4bass

Thanks Spur and you looked pretty good on TV. It was great getting out to meet everyone. Richard good pictures - my handel is Cast4Bass although I catch "crazybass" sometimes LOL!

SpurHunter

Fat Albert - 7/12/2010 8:24 AM <font color="#ff0066" size="3" face="comic sans ms,sand">I saw the news last night on Channel 9 and there wuz this strange lookin man speaking intelligently in front of the camera...   WTG spur.... YOU DONE GOOD.  I did hear that he fell down on the rocks and hurt his pride.....   good job.   FAemoGrouphug </font>

Nope, no falling down for me. It was the OTHER Eric.

SpurHunter

A HUGE thanks to all that showed! I know there will be some trash there again today, but I do really feel like we made a difference.
I have to believe at least some of the folks will see it cleaned up and think twice about dropping their liter right onto the ground.....we can hope.

The good Lord blessed us with some cloud cover right when we started, which helped a ton on a hot day, a couple people brought waters for those that didn't bring anything, and we even got the event on the news. It only took an hour to attack and complete our task with the good people that participated, and there was even some"thanks-you's" from the local fisherman there. Only one casualty that I am aware of, Poor ol EricM took a good tumble down the rocks, although he almost landed on a fellers stringer of catfish, so it may have been a ploy to get a closer look to see if he recognized those fish. ;)

We collected a full truck-load of trash, which you can see in the back of my truck. Kuddos CFF!

And thanks Richard, for sticking me on camera, I will get you back for that one.
emoEnforce

JDK

wrechin2 - 7/12/2010 10:24 AM WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All those pictures and I was able to stay out of all of them!!!!!!! emoLaugh emoLaugh
</p>

</p>

they took yours last and it broke the camera. emoLaugh emoLaugh emoLaugh emoPoke
</p>

EricM

There's just something about me,............ and dams...............that somehow make it a requirement that something.............or someone............has to get bashed when I stray too close. Luckily, I landed on my face in the rocks so very little "apparent" damage was done. I guess I'm getting too old to try to keep up with the young CFF whipper-snappers - especially near a dam!!!!!!!!

rsimms

cast4bass - 7/12/2010 10:31 AM

Thanks Spur and you looked pretty good on TV. It was great getting out to meet everyone. Richard good pictures - my handel is Cast4Bass although I catch "crazybass" sometimes LOL!

Oops! Sorry.... hopefully your fishing skills are better than your penmanship. emoBigsmile

Buoy-Master

Great job everyone. Something like this can and will go a long ways. Hopefully others that seen CFF, weather it be on location or TV, will learn to thing or two from all that!

I had plans to be there but my wife is sick and I had a long day taking the kids to camp. In the 13 years I've been with Diane, I've never seen her this bad and we may end up go the the ER tonight.

Great photos Richard.
Jason, Ashley is growing like a wild flower. :)
Erik...you done good on the news bud!

Maybe plan another?

canoe fisherman

As an Eagle Scout, I was honored to help out in such a good cause. I just hope that it gets a snowball effect started. if we change the habits of one person and they change the habits of one and so on, eventually people will take charge and keep the area ,that has been provided for them, clean. Thanks for the start of a hopeful epidemic. emoToast emoThumbsup emoPlease :emoticon:logo

heath j

Wish I could of made it out guys glad to see all went well!!!

rsimms

Here is a follow-up e-mail sent to Ron Priddy, the Director of the Hamilton County Parks & Recreation Dept., and Hamilton County Mayor Claude Ramsey:

Mr. Priddy:

I wanted follow-up with information regarding the Riverpark Trash Pickup held on July 11. A total of 25 members, young and old, showed up to scour the shoreline. With such a great turnout, it really didn't take very long to make a considerable dent in the trash between the face of the Dam, to about 100 yards below the launching ramp. We hauled off a large pickup truck load of miscellaneous trash collected in just over an hour.

We heard numerous positive comments from the anglers and others who were there who appreciated the effort.

We hope our somewhat token show-of-force will send a message... and as I mentioned before, we appreciate whatever efforts Parks employees and Rangers can make to continue to send the message. I will reiterate that we believe garbage cans placed in more convenient locations would help, and continued vigilance by Park Rangers. We would also encourage you and your department staff to feel free to let us know how we can further help communicate this important message.

The effort was covered by NewsChannel 9, and here are Links to the CFF posting and Chattanoogan.com Outdoors postings:
http://www.chattanoogafishingforum.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=46196&posts=11
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_179679.asp

On a personal note, my ruptured disc has improved. I'm not well, but I think I'm "trending up." Sadly, my mother passed away July 1st. My mother (and father, also deceased) were greatly committed to the cause of conservation and the environment. I know she would be proud of our efforts, and yours.

Thank you.

BustinBass197

Sorry I didn't stick around for the picture guys. I had to get home to the wife. I enjoyed it, it was a good thing, and it looked great when we were finished.

SethColeman

It was great to put some faces with screennames on here, I was really stoked to finally see EricM!!!!!!It was fun and im willing to do it again!

Auburnwes

SETHAVELLIE - 7/12/2010 11:04 PM

It was great to put some faces with screennames on here, I was really stoked to finally see EricM!!!!!!It was fun and im willing to do it again!

Couldn't have said it any better!! Maybe we put a dent in the trash down there for a while!

Wrechin2 - 7/12/2010 9:24 AM

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All those pictures and I was able to stay out of all of them!!!!!!!

I seem to be in the cross hairs!! emoCool

wrechin2

Wes you are just a camera hog!!!!! Richard Knew he would have to do a panoramic shot to get all of me in one pic!!!LOL!!! emoBigsmile

MadBomber

I noticed DitchDoc managed to avoid the camera also.

ditchdoc666

emoThumbsup I was up by the stinking corner by the wall,somebody had to doctor on Eric when he fell on top of those catfish!!