Rain Suits

Nitro

Looking to buy a new rain suit that will keep you dry...Any Suggestions?

Davo

fishinvol - 3/3/2011 8:28 PM

Cabelas uninsulated guide wear.

Agree, I love mine and you can wear it year round. Absolutely no water will get in, ever, and in the winter just wear it over your warm clothes, best there is.

elwestb

Guideware or the 100 mph PBS Gortex.

Emer-Teacher

I just got the H2O Extreme from Academy for Christmas and I love it. 70.00 for the Bibs and 70.00 for the Jacket. Ive been on the water several time this last week and it has performed great in the rain and the wind.

TightlineT

I bought an uninsulated 100 mph suit a few months back. I wore it a couple of times and they put the Cabellas guidewear on a GREAT sale emoDoh . I bought a set of their insulated bibs to go with my other suit's parka (bought the liner for the BPS suit). Here's what I can tell you so far. I love them both and wish I had bought something like this years ago. I think the Cabellas seems to be a little heavier made and may last longer, but the BPS has some features that I like a little better such as double zippers, extra pockets, a zipper for the fly (which Cabellas may have fixed by now), better ability to make your legs airtight and I think the hood on the BPS is a little larger. IMO, these are pretty small differences that would not justify the extra cost if you can get the Cabellas on sale. I think at regular price the Cabellas may be a little higher than the BPS, but not sure. The sale was about 1/2 price, which like I said, I would not hesitate to buy again - a great suit. If you want if for year around you definitely want uninsulated. Hope this helps......Jim