Hummingbird 1197 Help Needed

sellfish

Have and 1197 that I cannot get a reading off the port side of the boat (left). Right side reads perfect but the left side reads wavy lines. Looks like the grain in plywood. I have the transducer mounted per instructions and plenty of clearance under jackplate. Any ideas? What am I missing? Thanks for any in-sight. emoBang emoBang

BulletTJ

If the motors lower unit isnt in the way and you have clearance like you said, I would check the connections at the unit. It sounds to me like there is a problem with the transducer. I have a spare transducer we can hook up and see if it clears the problem up. If I were you I would call Humminbird and talk to them. They will bend over backwards to solve your problem. Let me know if you want to try my transducer. I will meet you at the lake.

Crizzel

Post a picture from the side looking level from side to side of the ducer and transom. Take one with the motor trimmed all the way down then take one with the motor raised to full tilt (as you would be running at WOT. Also is the ducer level side to side?