$500 to play- what depth finder

Longhorn

I have 500 to play with. I have a lowrance x510 c on the front. I want to put a depth finder at the steering wheel don't know if I want a depth finder with gps or one of the newer DI inits. What works for you guys on a budget. And if anybody has a good one for sale let me know.

sellfish

If you fish any lake you do not know well or if you want to fish away from the bank (offshore drops) you have to have GPS with a good mapping system. I would certainly buy the most you can afford. I have both HB & Lowrance units and they are both quality units. GPS at night is a must on some bodies of water. Look for a 5" screen unit with GPS and with an internal antenna so you don't have the expense and installation of the external puck. That's my opinion which is like noses, everybody's got one.

Doug V

Crizzel

Save some more most an get you atleast a 898.. Bigger is better TRUST ME on that!! I have a 997si right now, but I have a 1198 on the way for my new rig! You'll be much happier with a larger screen!

bobby_hamrick

I have found HDS7 for 750.00 before. Save a tad and start looking now for deals. Some folks dont do Ebay but I like it and used it for years. I also seen some LCX27's go here for 4 or 450 lately. I use that and its an amazing unit plus teaches you how to read it. Which is another chapter. One more thing. This sport. Its never enough!!!$$$$