"Black Salty" live bait?

SpurHunter

Anyone try these?</p>

A buddy of mine told me about them a few years ago, he actually worked for Anderson Farms, who created the bait. 2008 saw a downsize so he doesnt work there anymore, but lots of people are talking about the baits, and when fishing with Southerncats last year, he had some in his live-well, (we never broke them out though). </p>

I hear they are SUPER-hardy(sp?) and last forever kinda like tuffies. I want to try them out this year, but cost is a little prohibitive. </p>

I called to get a quote, they ship Fed-Ex to your door, only on Thursdays right now. </p>

Sizes and prices. </p>

Small, 2-3" appox 30 per lb. </p>

Lrg, 4.5-5" approx 15 per lb</p>

Xlrg, 6-7" approx9 per lb. </p>

5lbs delivered is $85.00 10lbs delivered is $110.00</p>

Oh, their website is: http://www.blacksalty.com/index.php</p>

</p>

</p>

foodsaver

I looked at them as well. They are kind of pricey and I didn't want to invest in building a bait tank for the house to keep them in. I think I will keep throwing a cast net.

I experimented with them last year. I got 10 lbs of the extra large. They came tranquilized, but revived quickly in the fresh water. Zero loss. They are packed in O2 infused water in an insulated package. They did really well in the bait tank. Took them out on two striper trips to areas that seasonally should have had a pretty good populations of striper. We only had the Black Salty's so we didn't to a head to head with shad, and we did catch a few striper, but it was my impression that shad would have produced better results.