KVD Character & new reel

Mike Hernandez

fishinvol

So they took a smoke reel and added some maroon to it. Do yourself a favor and just save yourself some money and buy a smoke. You won't regret it ! To this point, they are the best reels I've ever owned.

Mike Hernandez

Chris, what gear ratio do you use? I'm bouncing between 5.3 and 6.3. Amazon has the 6.3 for $184 delivered.

stratos21xl

The KVD reels are great, I broke down and bought two of the tour models and I really like them. I bought the 7.3:1 and a 6.4:1. The only thing you have to really watch is where the ACS is, especially if your chunking crankbaits in the wind. The way your hand goes over it you can dial it down and not even realize it until it's too late. I shopped around and Jimmy from Top Dog Tackle had the best prices on the reels...as usual. Might want to give him a call before you buy one, I'm sure he can save you some money. 423-280-7189.

Mike Hernandez

Thanks for the input gents. With pappy's day coming up I should be able to squeeze some cash out of the wife. :)

Hook1

bigkuntry1282 - 6/10/2011 10:19 AM

where is top dog tackle??

Theres not a store just a website. Jim4596 on here and he has just about everything. Check him out.

Jimmy from Top Dog Tackle had the best prices on the reels

I agree call Jimmy for anything you need and his store is the back of his truck or car..

Mike Hernandez

I'm working with Jimmy @ Top Dog on the reel and maybe a Skeet Reese rod to go along with it. Hope it works out. This will be my first big rod and reel purchase. Maybe not the best thing to be doing when your work hours have been cut, but I gotta have SOMETHING to do on my days off! lol.

stratos21xl

Fishin4Fun - 6/10/2011 8:14 PM

I'm working with Jimmy @ Top Dog on the reel and maybe a Skeet Reese rod to go along with it. Hope it works out. This will be my first big rod and reel purchase. Maybe not the best thing to be doing when your work hours have been cut, but I gotta have SOMETHING to do on my days off! lol.

Jimmy will go out of his way to help you, him and his Dad are two of the finest people I know.

Mike Hernandez

fishinvol - 6/10/2011 8:39 PM

Find a better rod to go with that sweet reel. :)

Suggestions? Want something for CB & SB mostly. 7', very light, and not a long handle. I'm vertically challenged so a long handle doesn't work too well for me.

stratos21xl

get jimmy to price you one of the KVD rods. There hard to beat for cranking. The Abu Veritas is a pretty good rod for the money too and it's really light. Any time you get over 6 6 in rod length there going to have a longer handle, that's just how there made now. You get used to it quicker than you think.