100 mph suit vs Cabellas Guide Wear - which is best?

TightlineT

I was going to visit Bass Pro and get one of those 100 mph suits in the next few weeks. However, I got on Cabellas today and they are having a closeout on their GuideWear 300 X series. Suits look similar on the net, but have not seen the GW in person. Which is best, or is there not much difference? Just want to be warm and dry this winter. I do like to have the ability to try them on vs just ordering over the internet. Thanks for any information.....Jim

bub591945

Neither... Both are hot and uncomfortable, especially if you are an XL or plus sized guy. Go with a NorthFace or Mtn. Hardwear rain suit. You won't be unsatisfied.

TightlineT

fishinvol - 8/23/2011 2:41 PM

All I have ever owned is Guidewear and I have zero complaints.

Did you go with the insulated or uninsulated? Looks like the ones on clearance are uninsulated. I ;ove to fish in the winter and was looking for something to keep me warm without having so many layers on that I look like the Michelin Man!!

SpeedFish

I've gotta cabelas guidwear and have no complaints but its non insulated and for winter only. Not for use in the summer. I bought a mountain hardware suit for summer and no complaints there either.

fishinvol

Unisulated bibs, but for a jacket I have one of the cabelas flack jackets. Just found it on sale so I bought it. I would go uninsulated. You can always add or take off layers.

Davo

I have the uninsulated Guidewear and love it. Just layer up in the winter and you'll be fine, plus it totally knocks the wind off. I would say that both suits are very comparable though.

elwestb

... not that much difference. I have GW that is insulated and the 100 MPH uninsulated. I only wear the GW in really cold conditions now. The PB 100 MPH is lighter and maybe a little more comfortable. I bet I only put on the GW bibs a couple of times last winter. Get you some Polar Tech drawers and that PB suit and your ready to go!

foodsaver

guide wear is so good it doesn't even rain when I have it in the boat.

TightlineT

The Worm Wiggler - 9/2/2011 3:11 PM

You also need to check if any of the suits will help protect you from biscuit crumbs while we are zooming down the river.

Now that ain't nice!!! You know a fat man has to eat!!! emoHungry Besides, a man has to keep his energy up to net your fish

on fish

Bass pro has a lightweight 100 mph suit also. Bass pro all Ethe way

TightlineT

on fish - 9/20/2011 8:32 PM

Bass pro has a lightweight 100 mph suit also. Bass pro all Ethe way

Yep, think I have decided on the BPS suit. Looks like I can get the regular suit and then add a liner for when it gets cold. That would be cheaper than having two different suits. Also, I can go try them on rather than having them shipped. Thanks for all of the replies and see ya on the water....Jim