Alabama Rig reviews ?

elwestb

Ok, what's going on? Everybody is throwing one by now. Crap, it's been two weeks almost since the phenomenon hit! How are they doing? Are they working? Good ones, bad ones, High price, low price, is it B/S, What's the deal? Reports please!

fishinvol

I've caught fish with one. They seem to work fine. Not something I'm going to live and die by, but the concept makes perfect sense .

elwestb

... well yea, if you throw a stick of dynamite out there where there isn't any fish, guess what? There isn't any fish! I was just wondering how people were doing with this thang!? Pros / cons, good, bads, do's and don'ts!? Just asking!

fishinvol

Earl, they do work . Once you have the right set up, they are very simple to use too. I'm using the ones that Frazier is selling. They have held up and caught some good fish now. I have some great ideas on where to use them and look forward to tinkering with different baits on it.

I agree with Fishinvol its pretty cool. I havent caught any on the Tennessee rig yet but on guntersville I caught some on the A rig. Gonna try it at guntersville again this weekend

Davo

After this morning, I'm definitely a beliver. Caught around a dozen with the biggest being just over 4lbs. Did have one double where I caught 2 3lbers at the same time. When they hit this bait, it feels like you got hit by a semi. Super easy to use as well.

stratos21xl

I used one today and caught fish on it when nothing else we tried would produce. Like others have said, I'm not gonna live and die by it but it made a believer out of me today.

fishinvol

Davo - 11/12/2011 8:23 PM After this morning, I'm definitely a beliver. Caught around a dozen with the biggest being just over 4lbs. Did have one double where I caught 2 3lbers at the same time. When they hit this bait, it feels like you got hit by a semi. Super easy to use as well.
</p>

Yep, today was the first day Davo had ever used an A-rig. Proceeded to load the boat today. pretty sure he had at least 3 limits on one today. With my rod, reel, line, and lures. :) He smoked me pretty good !</p>

Dropshot

Staff member
Caught several on one I got from Jerry Malone yesterday afternoon...