Geico boat Insurance

Rivermont Jeff

I've had Geico for a couple of years now and recently filed a claim for a lower unit. The premium is $289.00 a year and I was a bit nervous on making a $4500 claim. I filed the claim on a Wedesday and took 3 pics of the damage and sent the estimate in from Chattanooga Fish N Fun. I was contacted by Geico via email on Friday and had a check in my mailbox on Tuesday! So 5 working days from claim to check! I was very impressed and would highly recommend Geico! But none of this would had been possible with out Chattanooga Fish N Fun! If u have boat issuses I would not take it anywhere else!

elwestb

Your are lucky to say the least regardless of who the insurer was. I have not heard good things from Geico or Progressive.

Skeeter

I dont have Geico on my boat but I do on my vehicles. I actually met a claims adjuster today for a accident that happened last week and he cut my check right there on spot and I was on my way. Last year I had to have them come to my house because a tree limb fell on my windshield and truck was not driveable. Same thing tho. He cut me a check right here and was on his way.

nickajack-smack

I have progressive and have had to file two claims with them and they have been great. No complaints hear and mine and my dads boat are bundled together with full coverage plus $1000 dollars on our fishing gear each. It only costs us $530 a year

Jmax

That is good information. Thanks for sharing it with us. I have Progressive and until I broke my lower unit I had never had to file a claim with them. Mine was not so good but after a great deal of debating I was called by one of the upper management people of the company and asked if he had an outside agency that was not with Progressive look at it, would I take their opinion. I was already paying for a new one so I had nothing to loose. I really thought since they were the ones sending the company for an "Outside" review that they would just say what the Progressive adjuster said and that would be the end of it. He called me back and to my surprise the outside company said they could not determine beyond a doubt that the first adjuster was correct and it could have happened like I said it did. emoEek They sent me a check and asked me to stay with them. Then they sent me a review of the whole process for me to fill out and wanted my opinion of what I thought. emoScratch I ended up getting taken care of and actually stayed with them once it was all over.

The manager told me the adjuster aired on theside of the company and the manager aired on my side. Either way they did finally take care of me but it was not easy. emoRolleyes Jmax