FWIW - cheap Okuma Trio 30S

donberry

Just in case anyone is interested. I bought an Okuma Trio 30S and a Pflueger President a few months ago. I am no expert in higher quality reels, but I really liked the Okuma (great customer service also - another story tho). It does feel heavier than the President, but it is a good heft, feels really well built/solid. I used braided line on it for a few weeks and had no problems.
Surfing thru ebay, there is a guy selling new ones for $46.00. He had 3 available, I bought 2 of them so there is one left. Just my opinion, but I sincerely doubt you will ever find a better spinning reel for $46.00. I paid $68.00 for my 1st one and thought it money well spent. I was in my Walmart and they had the President on clearance for $49.00 also. I opted for the 2 Trio 30S but I do believe I am going to go buy another President tomorrow also and then I can retire my other reels.

Anyway, if interested in the Okuma, just go to ebay and search for "Trio 30S" in Sporting goods and list them lowest price first.

If interested, you can also get the President for around $45.00 now also.

personally, I LOVE last year's models. Close to buy one get one at these prices.
FWIW