Calling all members that never post, please read.

SpurHunter

I had a long-time member ask why we have so many page views, but such a large number of those that viewthesite everyday don't make posts. Fishing reports, discussion, good, bad, silly,recipes, or whatever. </p>

So just this one time, please make a post and tell us why you don't, the active members have thick skin, so if they do getoffended, they will get over it soon enough. :D</p>

Jmax

derek81 - 5/7/2012 4:19 PM

Cause Jmax will steal your honey hole. lol

Dang! You show a guy a couple secret spots and suddenly he is the one with the huney holes. emoBang

By the way....I do not post as many as I use to cause so many others that did have stopped. emoRolleyes Jmax

basspsycho

Ha guys. I do read a lot more than I post, main reason is I don't have anything good to add. Y'all all know a lot more than me, not sure I can add much. I also still having hard time posting pics.

rsimms

basspsycho - 5/7/2012 6:21 PM

Ha guys. I do read a lot more than I post, main reason is I don't have anything good to add. Y'all all know a lot more than me, not sure I can add much. I also still having hard time posting pics.

basspsycho... most of us who do post regularly simply appreciate an acknowledgement that you're reading. You don't have to say anything... a simple smiley face let's me know you read, and appreciate a report. (Or feel free to give me crap because I didn't tell you enough emoBigsmile )

A least you have posted some (35 times) ... go to Members page and you see there are 87 pages of members names.

Fifty-two (52) pages of members have NEVER made a post... not a single one, zero, zilch!

That means 5,200 people, 60% of all users, have never made a single post. emoEek

It is clear to me that 60% only registered so they could view Fishing Reports without ever contributing. That makes me not want to share (but I'll get over it).

Of course advertisers don't care if folks post or not... as long as their ads are displayed and seen, they're happy. I am an advertiser, by the way. But I do care... an internet forum is sort of like a living, breathing animal, and unless it's getting fed, it's going to die.

elwestb

Amen Mr. Simms!

Oldman

damn ever time i have a suggestion and i post it it makes a few mad.

MagicMan72

I try to post some if I have something to ask or something descent to add. I havent been having the luck fishing I would like to have lately so I havent been posting reports. I just dont want to be the guy who makes a one word post on every thread to run post counts up. I usually welcome new members and I really appreciate the fishing reports that the guys post that are having some success.

churly

I know a lot of people I have spoken with who dont get to fish a whole lot but enjoy living vicariously through all the "stuff" on the forum. They feel akward posting because they dont think they contribute. I can also think of several members I know of who can turn on the world wide web but cant type real well. many folks are up on whats happening on the forum, but we never hear from them.

fishinvol

I post random reports, but I'm not as popular as Jmax and when I see how many replies and views his reports get compared to mine I turn the computer off and pout in the corner for hours. :)

wjhfish

rsimms, the last time i tried to put congrats or smiley faces because i did not have any info to add, all of my posts were deleted. The reason told to me was that I was trying to pad my post so I could fish in the tournaments that I never get to fish in anyway. I only get on here to see whats for sale and read threads of interest to me wheather it is hunting of fishing. I do work alot and still have bad internet, so i do not post much.

Tenncrapie

I don't post that much because I don't fish that much but like to keep up with those who have the best track record day in and out that do catch fish. I live 1 hour from The Chick and by viewing post when I do go I have some idea where to start. Super people to talk to and very unselfish if you send them a PM and ask a question. Tenncrapie.

SMA

I'm sorry to read this post and see the negative sentiments towards the "nonposters." I think many of us don't post regularly because we don't have anything to post about - I for one never catch anything close to the numbers or size of fish that many of the regulars post about. I suspect lots of others feel the same way.

I do want to say "Thank you" to those of you who frequently post information about their successes. There are a lot of generous highly skilled fishermen on this forum and I appreciate their willingness to disclose how they catch fish. The information they write is far more valuable than the baloney in some fishing magazine, and I've improved my skills without stealing anyone's secret spot.

herefishy

I very rarely get to fish now a days. We have a 10 month old and just bought a house so all my time amd money are well you know.... gone. ( wouldn't change any of that). But i enjoy reading each and everyones reports and some of you have a way with words.