Comcast or EPB

finbully

I searched for a Comcast versus EPB thread before posting this but did not find one.

So what are your thoughts on Comcast versus EPB for cable and internet?

I am dropping Comcast next Thursday and going with EPB. It just seems like they are more customer oriented and they are a local business. I've had a multitude of problems with Comcast in the past and my internet speed just seems to be in constant decline.

EPB just gave their internet customers more speed over the weekend at no additional charge, and the cable portion is much the same at a very similar price.

buzz

I had Comcast for years. I live in a fairly large sub-division.....and everytime it rained, I'd either lose tv or computer service. Their excuse......EVERYTIME...squirrel chewed the line. THAT got old. I now have EPB. Super fast...never a problem. I would not go back to comcast if they gave me a years free service.

Plus Comcast service....we can be there next Thursday....somewhere between 8 and 5, someone needs to be there to let the tech in. emoHoppingmad

niteowl

I love my EPB. I have yet to have any trouble. I switched cable, internet and even home phone about year and half ago. Wished I would have done it earlier

Fishin Fool

EPB without a doubt. Customer service is top rate. Internet speed is awesome.

rsimms

I hope everyone here is right... so happens I have just scheduled the EPB switch. Happening Monday morning.

I'd stuck with Comcast because it actually is less expensive (for Internet & TV) ... until I figured out that if I bundle my home phone into the package, I will come out a little cheaper.

worm32

i work for epb thanks for your support and keeping me busy you will love it epb has just bumped everybodys internet speed up if you ordered 30 you get 50 no charge

outcaster

Can't go wrong with EPB. I am paying $5 less per month for internet and tv with EPB...... But I get a DVR and High Def. ...... for less!

Auburnwes

EPB 100%! been with them for a year or so, and switched my Mom and Grandmother. Everything that I hated about Comcast is addressed with EPB (ex. internet issues, bill fluctuation), and also ran all new coax in my house for no charge.

Also they just made it to were anyone that has interenet service with them gets bumped up a level, so I pay for 30 Mbps and I now have 50 Mbps.

shootkrt

I've had there Internet for a couple years with no problems and super fast. I can surf the net, be playing xbox online and streaming netflix all at the same time in my house. Just got out of my contract with Dish and had EPB TV installed and the picture quality is much superior on the HD channels than on Dish and I don't loose the tv when it rains.... Also have more HD channels now.

Gator

EPB for sure!!! Hardly ever any problem with them and can't say that with concast.
Only once my phone didn't work, called them on my cell and it's fixed in a few minutes.

brushhog

you'all ought be up here in wisconsin,never had ebp down there,but i thought comcast was garbage when i lived in old fort in polk county,but would glady take it over charter up here.....

stumpknocker

Yes this is a VERY OLD thread.. but needed an update .. Its EPB all the way for me ... 100MB is the standard min for them .. and for aprox $16 more you can have Gigabit connection.. keep in mind these factors before ordering GIG internet .. a gigabit Ethernet card.. most computers in last few yrs have it by default .. but check your systems specs

If you want wireless and or have more that one computer you will need a GIGabit wifi router .. if your house is like mine.. you have mix of both .. and only the very newest and higher end systems will support AC1900 routers for wifi out of the box.. like the new dell alienware gaming systems.. but you can buy a AC1900 usb wifi adapter to make yours compatible. but cell phones, game systems, tablets etc .. will be a few more years before these devices can support AC1900 wireless speeds... but router is backwards compatible down to at least G.. so your devices ( xbox, cell phone, tablet ) can still connect .. just wont have the max bandwidth.

By Default routers.. give each computer a piece of the pie so to speak.. Gigabit connection .. 4 Ethernet ports .. 4 wired computers.. the active computers will split up the gigabit between them .. like mine.. by desktop I get about 250mb using speedtest, if I plug it directly to the incoming Ethernet from the EPB box outside .. I get full Gigabit or 1000mb ..

If you have a very old computer .. old XP system .. you will connect just fine .. but yo wont see full benefit of Gigabit connection .. I wouldn't bother if you don't have at least a dual core processor, and 4 gig ram, plus the gigabit Ethernet either built in or a add-on card.. but most older dells as far back as 2005 came with gigabit Ethernet cards by default.. if you don't know what you have .. you can google the specs of your system by model number

Oldman

the only thing is they don't offer the world fishing network.lol