Rod repaired/ John Mile's rods

xpress19

I got my rod back at Tri State tackle from John Miles and I got to meet John Miles. I will probably get some of his rods next year I am so fed up with the few rods made in USA (if you can find one). If you ever talked to him you would be hooked on his quality, how he does his eyes on his rods to his superior craftmanship. I have been a castaway fan for along time , and now they too are almost completely China. I dont live in China so why should I support them. John has a great warranty and a product you should look into. Tri States number is 423-476-1149.

Jmax

FYI, thought this was more of a product review for John Miles rods so I moved it here. emoAngel

We have a couple good folks on here with some great stuff. Al Slatter, aka, Fat Albert makes a great rod. Also Damon Taylor, aka, Cutthroat has Nuclear Rods which are great one also. I have never owned one of John's however I know those who do and I have never heard one bad thing about them. Seems everyone who owns one love them. emoThumbsup I would strongly urg anyone looking to buy a quality rod to first check out our local guys. Jmax

takenoprisoners

Amen! John is actually my neighbor, and I can attest that not only does he make great products, but he's a great guy as well. Actually, once I get my recently acquired 1952 jon boat on the water, it will be due largely to his assistance.

thepoolguy

I have own a couple of his rods they are the best I have owned. I am fixing to go buy other today when getting of work. He stands by every rod he makes.

xpress19

This to answer to Rollcast. John Miles has the double re - enforced eyes on his baitcaster rods his eyes are also more recessed on the eyelets, this is why most eyes come out so easy. On the spinningrods the eyes are more beveled and strongly re - enforced, this allows you to cast a mile. These rods are only 150 bucks a piece. Take your best rod and compare it to his at tri state tackle you will be amazed he only sells them there. I will be buying a couple soon. His warranty is great also. I have several g loomis rods and the eyes come out I got rid of two of them.

I have used John's rods exclusively since the late 80's
I wont use anything else
When I discuss a new rod with John I know I will have one that works extremely well as intend and will last a long time
John is the man

hippi97

I also build my own rods but i have met john and he is a super nice guy.

bassfisher17

Express and Aretheybitin, those rods are awesome. I agree with you. It is nice to be able to see a big selection at Tri State Bait & Tackle also. I think he has about 100 of them there.

sailfish1

this is one of my first posts, but here goes,i bought one of his rods around 15 yrs ago, well..... i broke it finally, when i took it to him to make another for me i left it for him , when i went and picked it up , he had my new one and he had fixed my old rod as well as my new one,this i was not expecting. plus he is a great guy

Guys, don't forget......we have about 100 of John's rods here at the store for your pleasure. If you don't see what you like we can always custom it to what you need. Big selection and you won't find them anywhere else.

Look forward to seeing you all soon. Have a great day!

Duck1

I have some of Johns rods and my dad won't buy any other rods from nowhere, we have been buying them for years. John Miles is a honest and nice man..

seajinx

I just recently purchased my first John Miles B/C Rod and love it. In fact, Chris l'll probably be there this week again to buy a spin Rod and Reel Combo. Thanks for the help in choosing the right combination on my bait caster.