CFF Classified guidelines - May 2013 Update

pwadm

Administrator
<div style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px">The classified section of CFF is a FREE place to offer your used, new or unwanted items related to <em style="background-color: #ececec">Boating Electronics.[/i]

<span style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px">If you are a Trader or Commercial Entity you MUST become a site sponsor to sell products on our site. Also please note that the Classified forums can only be used to advertise a specific item with a price specified in the post. General advertising of your business, sale or a line of products must go to the 'Sponsors' forum.</span>

You may also use this forum to post a "Wanted" or "WTB" add for everything else as well. </div><p style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px">All we ask in return is for you to make positive contributions to the forum, most importantly Fishing reports, we dont feel is too much to ask.</p><p style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px"><font color="#cc3300" size="2"><u>Please refrain from "bumping" your post constantly to the top of the forum. </u></font><font color="#cc3300" size="3"><u><font size="2"><font color="#000099">A three day bump rule is now in effect.</font> This gives all posters a fair opportunity to sell their items.</font></u></font></p><p style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px">CFF does not run an auction site, you must post an asking price for your item, or if wanting to trade, state what you would trade for. If you ask for offers, be prepared for extremely low offers!</p><p style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px"> </p><p style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px"><font size="5" face="comic sans ms,sand">MOST IMPORTANTLY! DO NOT reply to any threads with derogatory remarks about a persons price, condition, location, etc. Use the old addage, "If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all."</font></p><p style="color: #43647e; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13.333333969116211px"><font size="5" face="comic sans ms,sand">If a person has their item priced too high, he will soon find out when nobody shows interest.</font></p>

Oldman

is there a min. post count to post items for sale?

jmergen

Hi
I tried to post a WTB, but says must be a contributing member, what does that mean? I do post fishing reports...
Thanks
Jim

dragfish

pwadm - 5/23/2013 9:06 AM

The classified section of CFF is a FREE place to offer your used, new or unwanted items related to Boating Electronics

Are you saying these are the only things you can post for sale now? And excuse my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with you and with your low post numbers-are you a new administrator?

fisherpal2k

Actually dragfish he is one of the new owners of the site, so play nice.

pwadm

Administrator
jmergen - 2/20/2014 6:25 AM
I tried to post a WTB, but says must be a contributing member, what does that mean? I do post fishing reports...
Thanks
Jim

You need at least 50 posts to be able to start a new thread in the Classified section. We restricted access to new members over a year ago, as the section was constantly spammed. The message you received when trying to create a new thread was misleading and I changed it to avoid misunderstandings like this in the future.

Are you saying these are the only things you can post for sale now? And excuse my ignorance, but I'm not familiar with you and with your low post numbers-are you a new administrator?

I joined the team over 2 years ago. My low post count is probably a good thing as I mostly deal with technical issues. That part of the CFF Classified guidelines hasn't changed in years. The change in May/2013 moved commercial posts to its own classified forum.

The rules can always be changed if the community and moderators want them to change, but this is what they are right now. 50 posts minimum, and private sale only.

dragfish

fisherpal2k - 2/20/2014 11:16 PM

Actually dragfish he is one of the new owners of the site, so play nice.

Nothing malicious there-just a question. Mainly curious about the ability to advertise any (respectable) item in all the regular catagories like it has been. And wanted to know who the seemingly new guy is and his position on the forum.
Thanks to him for the reply. But will someone still be able to sell a non-fishing item on the CFF?

river rat

Open the category you want to post in on the top left there is a box that says new thread just click and then post in the new window then click submit at the bottom

Oldman

under your name man.and be careful you are posting.that can be called padding.

fischnrod

Oldman - 5/7/2018 10:31 PM

If it is determined you are just pushing your post count up all your post will go away

Aries 181

Oldman - 5/7/2018 10:31 PM

That's exactly what he is doing guys. Go look at all his one and two word replies to posts in the reports forum.

Bill