Minn kota. Co-pilot

stranahan

So I have always been a little skeptical about these things.

Not long ago I bought v2 powerdrive 55 and I have to say I love it's been great. The other day on the lake I thought my foot control died. I was not happy at the thought of my day being shot due to an equipment failure. I could not find a foot control so I picked up a co-pilot system and installed it. And it did not work, needless to say I a little frustrated. Started double checking wires, fuses, battery connections,,, etc.....
Turned out I had forgot about some in line fuses I installed on my hot wires... Spent 150.00 when it was .50 fuse. (There was a little profanity being mumbled at this point in time)

On the bright side I know have a co pilot system and i think it's pretty slick. Worked great on the lake yesterday. Made running my boat while fishing the easy. X
Two thumbs up for this one!!

Does any one here use the I-pilot features and if so what are your thoughts on it???

Pointer 78

Had one on the boat I sold a year ago. I fish a lot of offshore structure and the anchor feature was great. The only complaint I had was the slow response time of the unit while fishing docks.

Nitro66

Pointer 78 - 7/26/2013 1:36 PM

Had one on the boat I sold a year ago. I fish a lot of offshore structure and the anchor feature was great. The only complaint I had was the slow response time of the unit while fishing docks.

I agree. My friend has one on his boat, and you always have to look down and see where the arrow is. Harder to maneuver around docks, but the anchor feature is great.