Therma Cell Insoles

Mike Hernandez

Anybody use these? With the cold weather coming on strong, I'm looking for a good way to keep my feet from freezing while on the water. If anyone has suggestions on other products/ways to keep my toes from getting frostbit, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

riverrat58

I have seen them advertised ...hadnt tried them yet...i have stuck hot hands in my boots tho...only thing i kno to do is use gortex boots and one pair of regular cotton socks and a pair of wool socks...u can stick a fork in me when my feet get cold

Strato-G

Try a good pair of wool socks with closed toe sandals......try around house while outside before lake use....works great for me.... emoGeezer emoUSA

Jpxb2003

riverrat58 - 10/26/2013 8:23 PM

I have seen them advertised ...hadnt tried them yet...i have stuck hot hands in my boots tho...only thing i kno to do is use gortex boots and one pair of regular cotton socks and a pair of wool socks...u can stick a fork in me when my feet get cold

Skip the cotton socks and you will have a better outcome. Doubling socks restricts blood flow and cotton keeps moisture on your feet. All peoples feet sweat whether you notice it or not. Stick with the wool because it will pull this moisture away.

As for the Therma Cell's I couldn't tell ya.

Javelin33

I actually find that if I wear my boots a little looser my feet stay warm better. Are the therma cells supposed to reflect heat?

Nitro66

Was just talking about these last weekend at the hunting club. Another member was hunting in Nebraska a couple of weeks back, and everyone out there had them and loved them. Said they worked as advertised, and he was getting some next week. I'm right behind him, hate cold feet.

Mike Hernandez

Thanks for the feedback gents. Think I'll start out with the wool socks. Just gotta hide them. My wife ALWAYS takes over my good socks and leaves me with the old torn ones.

Strato-G

Fishin4Fun - 10/28/2013 7:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback gents. Think I'll start out with the wool socks. Just gotta hide them. My wife ALWAYS takes over my good socks and leaves me with the old torn ones.

Get her some bright ones & get yourself old dull colors, stocking stuffers ........... emoGeezer emoUSA