I NEED IT

Davo

The only problem is paying $30k for the batteries. emoRolleyes

Hook1

I bet the batteries weigh more than a full tank of gas. I wonder what the battery range is on a charge. This is an intersesting concept anyway.

hmmm, does that price include the batteries? I bet if you can use the new lithium batteries you'd be doin pretty good.

Liveliner

What I see is that you can use that engine in No Gas Engine zones.. Even in Queens Lake in Lafayette.

takenoprisoners

Great Scott! Marty! To the Delorean! Hahahaha...that was great. And pardon my ignorance, but is the appeal primarily not spending money on gas? If so, do people spend that much on gas in their boats? Guess you could if you're not a 9-to-5er.

south599

Great technology, but the batteries are still too far behind to make it practical except on the electric only lakes. I say for boats especially drop the electric idea and move to hydrogen engines. Do that a reasonably sized system to separate the needed fuel from the water you are in and no more worrying about range limitations(well unless there are reliability issues).https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOS3jpcv2V4