2014 - College Football Playoff - predictions

jimwarden

As we all know the BCS is gone and replaced by the College Football Playoff with the four best teams competing in a playoff. This year those four teams would have been Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, & Michigan State. There is no limit on the number of teams from one conference, so the SEC could have four, or the Big 10 could have four, etc.

Predict which four teams will compete in the 2014 College Football Playoff.

Hook1

I'm not gonna try to make a serious prediction yet. It's just WAY too early for that. We'll all have a better idea in November.

jimwarden

It's way too early to make predictions about 2014, but that's the fun in it. I bet someone here can pick the four even this far out. We have some pretty smart sports fan on CFF.

I'll take a shot: Florida State, Oklahoma, LSU, Auburn

Carl Guffey

<font size="3" face="georgia,palatino">Just for the fun of it:</font></p>

<font size="3" face="Georgia">Ohio State</font></p>

<font size="3" face="Georgia">Florida State</font></p>

<font size="3" face="Georgia">Oregon</font></p>

<font size="3" face="Georgia">? the only regular season team to beat Auburn. LSU</font></p>

Racefish

Dont forget Georgia, they have won 21 preseason national championships. My boss is a dawg nut and we have to hear about it all the time.

Jmax

I have no idea but I will predict that my Hogs will have a better season this year then 2013. emoBigsmile Can't do much worse. emoRedface Jmax

jimwarden

Carl, Ohio State is a good pick. I just couldn't do it. Big 10 sure didn't show well in bowl games and you could say the same for the top SEC teams.

NickJ5101

My prediction is going to be Florida State, Michigan State, Auburn, and UCLA (they will be dangerous will Hundley coming back).

jimwarden

All good choices! See, someone is going to pick the final four a year out and they will forever be the 2014 best sports picker.

foodsaver

I'll bite FSU easy road, Auburn malzahn is a genius, MSU Defense gonna be strong again in the big 10, Alabama

Hmmm. Being an alumnus of a SEC school, my view of the world is a lill bit skewed. FSU, Auburn, LSU, and Alabama.

Would love to give some props to the Big 10 (or 11 or however many teams y'all have) but can't do it. Strength of schedule (lack thereof) kills ya. Same-same for Big 12 and Pac 12. A 1- or 2-loss SEC team is still prob better than a no-loss team from one of those other [lesser] conferences.

Geaux Tigers!

Carl Guffey

<font size="4" face="georgia,palatino">SpurhunteremoPoke </font></p>

<font size="4" face="Georgia">emoScratch I didn't get all four but I got three of the four.emoParty </font></p>

<font size="3" face="georgia,palatino">and my fourth pick was from the SEC west.....</font></p>

Carl Guffey

<font size="3" face="georgia,palatino">I wouldn't count on that. Bama is suseptible to the long ball and the quarterback from Ohio State has quite an arm. Add to that Urban has taken some liberties with Saban in the past. I'd rather they were playing Florida State in the first game. Florida State didn't learn a thing from Auburn last year.</font>