Powell fishing rods???

champion187

I have a 7'6 Powell Inferno rod and have been very pleased with it so far for flipping jigs but was wondering if anyone else has used any of the other models of the Powell rods? Im wanting to switch over to the Powell brand but would like to hear some opinions on them before spending what will probably alot of money in the end.

finbully

I have a few of them and think they are good rods. They are very popular in the west (Powell is based in CA).

offshore

I have one of the Powell endurance flippin rods and it's the best rod I've ever used. Trying to save up to get another one!

churly

I've heard people comment that they are heavy, but I have never used one.

smughal31

I have 4 of them and love them 2 of my good buddies use only them and they swear by them the are strong rods and made very well.

Hook1

The Denali is on close out. I too have three of the Inferno models and immediately fell in love.

shadow2

I have two of their 7'11 cranking sticks and love them. They will toss everything from a DT6 to a DT20 effortlessly. I also use there rods to toss jointed swim baits with such as a bite sized herring or farley bait. I am very very pleased with these rods and will most likely pick up another one to toss super spooks and big chub bugs on.

seth

I have about 20 of them.. best rod for under $200 in my opinion. Have never broken one and have broken 15+ other rod brands in the last 10 years. Very sensitive and I personally don't think they weigh a lot given which action and power. only con is having a few chipped eyes which happens if you use your rod tip for a plug knocker like I do.

djsmarinelectronics

DJs Marine is a Powell Rod dealer, just haven't had time to put on the website. Owner of this company is a really nice guy also. They also have a descent warranty on their rods.

Hbnel5on

I had a Powell max flipping stick and it seemed a bit heavy to me.. Idk if it was just my rod or what but it was definitely not what I liked

champion187

I just got 2 of the Powell Endurance rods from The Fish Ranger in Alabama and they seem to pretty light to me. One is a 7'7 flipping stick and the other is a 7'9 umbrella rig rod. And oh yeah they were on sale for $149.99 each.