Rod Select 360?

VolsFan24

The Rod Select 360 looks super convinient and cool. The price is a little high but I see myself buying this in the future. Anyone on here ever used or seen one being used? Im just curious on how functional it really is, i saw it online and was wondering.

Heres there website: http://www.rodselect360.com/

djsmarinelectronics

Now that was a great idea/invention. Ideal for smaller boats like mine that have limited room for storage.

VolsFan24

Thats what Im thinking. My rod locker doesnt fit a 7' rod or above and thats almost all of mine. I lay them on the deck but Im constantly stepping on them or worrying about stepping on them. Have already bent a couple eyes on my rods. If I could I would put one on each side of the deck. Just seems real expensive to pay close to $300 to be able to store 5 rods.

Hook1

I saw a product on tv last weekend. I cant remember the name of the company, but I think its the same people that make the Motor Mates. Its called the Back Rack. It holds your rods and is built to go in front of the motor like for your back seater. Dont see why you couldnt just mount on the front deck.

VolsFan24

Hook1, I saw it online. Its called Bac Rac. Its built to fit under the bilge/battery lid. And I feel it may be a little too high for fishing purposes to put on the front deck. But the thought of getting one and modifying it has crossed my mind a few times. I just like the idea of being able to move my rods out of the way once I put that trolling motor down. Right now I push them back a couple feet and have the tips over the port side. So if i give them a good kick the chances of them going into the drink are pretty good, whereas flat on the deck the chances are lower.