Cabela's Guidewear on sale

Mansell82

All Guidewear on sale right now on their website at deeper discounts than their usual "sale" price.

Racefish

Love mine, I've had them for 4 yrs now and it makes winter fishing fun. If i could find some good gloves that are fishing friendly I may not come of the water except to eat and sleep.

VolsFan24

Are they really worth the money? I have used 2 pairs of leggins, plus 2 sweat pants and frogg toggs over it all and was fine. A little uncomfortable but fine. Would i be warm and comfortable with just 1 pair of leggings under these? May have to get a pair at about 50% off.

fishinvol

Yes they are worth the money. Knock the wind off and keep the heat in. I use the un insulated ones and just order a size bigger and wear sweat pants underneath. Works like a charm.

Racefish

Absolutely, I wear a pair of lined under armor pants and a thermal shirt and long sleeve t-shirt under mine and stay warm the whole day.

pop22

I have had mine for 2 years they are great for cold and wet we fished in the snow last year and got hot.

porthos33

There is no doubt a good wind blocking jacket and bibs is the way to go. It's that wind that will beat you down all day

Blue76

Interesting that the women's version isn't on sale. Thought about my daughter getting a set of these....

NE14BASS

If you're looking for gloves try the golfing dept at Academy. I found waterproof and winter gloves that are super thin and they work very good.

VolsFan24

Im about the same size as Porthos (6'1" 200lbs). Should i order the tall or regular bibs? I guess if i plan on fishing in the winters Im going to need a pair and now seems like a good time.

Mansell82

Went to Acworth Cabela's Monday, that's how I found out about the online sale. I would've bought in store but they didn't have my size and they actually didn't have the same sale in-store. They'll match online sales, but only if you catch it yourself. Anyways, I'm 5'10" 200 lbs. I tried on large regular and xl tall bibs, and a large regular jacket. I went with the xl regular in bibs and jacket. There's a promo code for free standard shipping, I ordered Monday and they will be here tomorrow. Oh, and in the store they only carry the newer angler-specific set

porthos33

Ok sweet, I ordered XL regularjust to be safe. Winter time can sometimes leave me a little extra puffy in the mid section. I measured from ground to inseam and did the front and rear measurements and XL seems to be the safest bet. This is the sizing chart I found Here is our sizing chart for this product: </p>

Gore-Tex Guidewear Xtreme Regular Size: </p>

Waist://Front://Rear://Inseam: </p>

SM 34-39 // 17 // 17 // 31 </p>

MD 37-43 // 17.75 // 17.75 // 31 </p>

LG 40-47 // 18.5 // 18.5 // 31 </p>

XL 43-51 // 19.25 // 19.25 // 31 </p>

2XL 46-55 // 20 // 20 // 31 </p>

3XL 49-59 // 20.75 // 20.75 // 31 </p>

4XL 52-63 // 21.5 // 21.5 // 31 </p>

5XL 55-67 // 22.25 // 22.25 // 31</p>

VolsFan24

I just ordered my pair. When I looked yesterday they had the dark grey ones. Guess they ran out in XL. Gt the snapper red. Im pumped about this purchase. Its pretty much my one and only "Christmas gift" this year. I did get a new truck a few weeks ago. Haha

porthos33

Yeah I'm pumped myself. I got the blue ones. I was kinda wanting the dark grey also, but it's all good. They look super comfy in all the vids I've seen. I just wish I didn't have to wait till C-mas to get them!