question for you lew's BB1 guys

shiftworker

i have been pondering buying a couple BB1's to throw the deep crank on..

i have been throwing on abu sx 6:4:1

supposedly the BB1's cast further and are very hard to backlash..

any truth to it

jg1456

I BOUGHT A 5.4:1 LEWS FEW MONTHS AGO TO THROW A RIG WITH. IT WORKS GREAT! I MAY GET ANOTHER FOR DEEP CRANKING. AS FAR AS BACKLASH, I COULD BACKLASH A CANE POLE ON A GOOD DAY!

derek81

I've used Abu sx reels for a couple years and in the last year or so I'm slowly changing the over to the lews. They are great reels and I favor them over the Abu reels. I had a few issues with a couple Gen 3s I bought and the lack of response with their customer service didn't sit well with me

VolsFan24

I bought a BB1 from a member here (thanks wtubbs) that I've used for deep cranking, every day cranking, and throwing the rig. I love it! I've had a couple revos but once I bought my first Lews I've since gone all Lews. I really like the paddle handles, they just feel better in my hand. The drag is great and casts smooth and far.

BulletTJ

I use a Lew's BB1 to throw the rig and deep diving crankbaits on. I have a bunch of expensive Shimano reels and for deep cranks and the rig the Lew's is the only reel I use. It will cast a mile and takes most of the work out of these techniques.