SPINNING REEL

<font size="3">What is you favorite spinning reel for bass fishing? They aretoo many to choose from! </font>

Smalliefan2

Abu Garcia. Many price points, reliable. Own 14,some over 20 yrs., still work, and parts are available.

porthos33

So I have a question. Is there really that much of a difference in higher priced spinning reels and the lower priced ones? Now bait casters are a different story. I know there is a huge difference in a $50 bait caster and a $150 bait caster. The Shimano stella spinning reel is $800. Thats insane! Is there really that much difference in the stella and the lews I can get at walmart>?
I do like my quantum kinetic. Got a good deal on them and they look good.

burnett1988

If you could fish with both of those reels in the same day, you would definately see the difference. maybe not 700$ difference but definately a difference. baitcaster and spinning reels are the same to me, you pay for what you get !

SNUFFY

There are a lot more parts that play into how a baitcaster works versus open the bail and cast on a spinning reel. Having said that I have 30 ?year old Daiwa ps2 2b that was 60$ that still works great. But there is a lot of difference in baitcasters and the $250 Revo Premier I bought 10 years ago was quite a bit better for some techniques. I`ve tried a couple of the $100 plus spinning reels and don`t find a lot of difference from a $60 Shimanos I`ve been buying the last 10 years. About the only difference in spinning reels are the drag systems. I learned how to back reel a long time ago and with the superlines we have now the drag doesn`t come into play that often.
I like to buy the spinning reels that come with extra spools. If you get 4-5 of the same kind you can have about 10 different line sizes already set up to meet your techniques . requirements. Maybe somebody can explain the need for $800 reels but I don`t think they`ll convince me.

Thanks for all the replies. I'm still undecided which one to buy, every spinning reel that I have bought in the last few years start locking up after only catching a few bass with them. I have paid any where from $40 to $120 and they all did the same thing.

Bobo

have you thought about trying a phluger? if not, you wont be dissapointed. they are reasonably priced and well worth it!